• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

priorpeter

Teo sends me to sleep.
He’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I enjoy his calls. Plenty of opinions when it comes to commentators; each to their own. One thing I’ve learnt is you’re never going to please everyone behind the mic. I’m told Ken Schembri once described my commentary as “a bit old school, I quite like that” - I should have hung up the headset after that as I don’t think I’m getting any higher praise than that ? makes up for the occasional negative comment or DM that comes through.

pjennings

For me Jones did enough to start. I expect Boyle to come in for Sammy. I don't like Bos with Goodwin - so maybe he comes on to replace Goodwin further forward. For me I'd start Burgess next to Souttar and Kye at left back.

I heard Arnie shouting to Bos to stay wide (right next to him) with Bos immediately setting off into the middle of the field. Maybe he is a good creative player in a team that knows what he is doing but in defence he is neither back or pressuring forward and his own team has as much idea of what he is doing as the opposition. To me he is a LW - not a LB.

Commentators love him though.

Last edited:

Allreet?

I thought Sammy did reasonably well. Was definitely one of our more creative players, although his touch let him down at times.

I suspect the game would have been different if McGree had started. We were pretty sluggish against a low block.

booney

Not a great spectacle.Difficult to play against these ME teams who set up a low block and as Allreet? said need McGree to be on the field to help unlock this type of defensive system,working in concert with, Goodwin.

Duke too his chance well but the timing of his runs to meet crosses was not quite there.Silvera worked hard but could not get the final pass right.

Gethin Jones looked competent but lacks Miller's explosiveness and willingness to run at defenders.I thought Bos did not have a great game-not penetrative and lots of turnovers.

Anyway in the group stage our opponents will set up this low block so it was a trial run to find out what we can do to work out the tactics to overcome it.

FFC Mariner

Arnie playing it slow to grind out a 1 goal win. Turgid negative football as usual. Letting them keep their shape against his 4231.
You think he could go 442 here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred