• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

Stuartmcateer

It's when you look at stats like those that I wonder, why all the obsession with Nizz not scoring as a limitation to his career progression?
The midfielders in the Socceroos are scoring at a much higher level with their clubs.

Before the injury McGree was scoring and assisting for Boro regularly. Metcalfe and Irvine are scoring regularly for one of the top teams in bundesliga 2.

Silvera has hit a run and Goodwin was Adelaide top scorer and hit the ground running in Saudi.

Given our top scorer recently is our CB, it’s kind of a thing.

Melange

The midfielders in the Socceroos are scoring at a much higher level with their clubs.

Before the injury McGree was scoring and assisting for Boro regularly. Metcalfe and Irvine are scoring regularly for one of the top teams in bundesliga 2.

Silvera has hit a run and Goodwin was Adelaide top scorer and hit the ground running in Saudi.

Given our top scorer recently is our CB, it’s kind of a thing.

I'm talking career progression. A move to Europe. I'm sure if you check the players mentioned a lot of them aren't regular scorers at club level, Culina had two good seasons otherwise I don't think he scored more then a few in any other season, Metcalfe isn't scoring regularly and isn't even starting regularly.

But if we do want to consider whether he could be a Socceroo, Devlin made it, 1 goal in 60 club games in Scotland. Niz makes my 11, at any level, over Devlin every day of the week.

Stuartmcateer

I'm talking career progression. A move to Europe.
Nobody is saying he can’t progress

What we are saying is in order to progress he needs to add to what he already does well.

European clubs won’t spend top dollar on a midfielder who doesn’t score or create more than niz.

They have thousands of cloggers over there not scoring that they can get cheaper and easier.
(Disclaimer - I’m not calling niz a clogger I’m saying the ones over there are).

At 3 in 103 he is well below the return of other midfielders.

I'm sure if you check the players mentioned a lot of them aren't regular scorers at club level, Culina had two good seasons otherwise I don't think he scored more then a few in any other season,
Culina was 12 in 38 at twente, 3 in 98 at PSV and even 8 in 44 for a shit Gold Coast.

Irvine is 12 in 75 for st Pauli, was 10 in 107 at hull and is even 9 in 39 for Australia.

McGree was 5 in 12 for jets, 7 in 27 for city, 10 in 23 for Adelaide, and is currently 11 in 65 at boro.

All better returns in more difficult competitions than niz.

Metcalfe isn't scoring regularly and isn't even starting regularly.
Metcalfe has started 10 and been a sub in the remaining of st Pauli’s 17 games in the league.
He was 8 in 59 at city and is 5 in 47 at st Pauli.

But if we do want to consider whether he could be a Socceroo, Devlin made it, 1 goal in 60 club games in Scotland. Niz makes my 11, at any level, over Devlin every day of the week.
no argument with picking niz over devlin. There’s a reason devlin has only had 2 caps.

But even if the much better returns of the above don’t convince you - let’s try like for like.

Baccus was 6 in 106 at WSW (double nizzies return) and is 3 in 44 at st mirren.

O’Neill was 4 in 62 at city and managed 4 in 23 for us when we were the perennial wooden spooners and worse than the NZ knights.

I think niz does a fantastic job for us. He is up there with the form midfielders in the comp. But can we please take the blue and yellow glasses off for now.

Allreet?

Nizz's contribution is far more than scoring (or even setting up) goals.

I'd swap him for just about no-one right now. His ball winning and running in broken play is the best in the league. Brilliant again last night.

Ooh, that reminds me... haven't watched the replay yet.

Allreet?

I like him for the most part. It sounds like football when he calls it (which might be cultural cringe...).

He never seems to praise us though.

booney

Arzani is a bit unlucky to miss out .Good to see Gauci and Thomas in the squad.

Iredale has some big wraps on him by people who know good footballers so should be an asset to the squad.Gethin Jones is an interesting one-can he cover both FB positions?

Silvera and Yazbek have earned their places as has Bruno.

pjennings

Arzani is a bit unlucky to miss out .Good to see Gauci and Thomas in the squad.

Iredale has some big wraps on him by people who know good footballers so should be an asset to the squad.Gethin Jones is an interesting one-can he cover both FB positions?

Silvera and Yazbek have earned their places as has Bruno.
I certainly would have taken Arzani or Irakunda rather than Tilio. I'm happy for Garang to stay and get more game time in the Netherlands.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred