• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

Allreet?

If that bridge isn’t already burned after the last time they called him up not to use him you’d have to promise him the starting spot. Gauci and another young keeper seem like the way forward now. Leave Redmayne at home and at best take an experienced keeper as a mentor figure.
Didn't he get a world cup experience ahead of Langers (who should've been the choice on form)?

Don't think Vuka has anything to complain about and could actually be a genuine chance of taking the #1 spot... although Gauci is definitely the future and will be playing in Europe shortly.

Stuartmcateer

Gauci and another young keeper seem like the way forward now. Leave Redmayne at home and at best take an experienced keeper as a mentor figure.
Gaucci and brewer as the 2 best young ones and Ryan as the incumbent senior keeper (depending how he heals).

If maty is out I would be promising langerak a swan song to get him on the plane.

pjennings

I actually think Arnie will try to avoid AMB for now - he will want him for the Olympics later in the year and will want to use him in the AFC U23 Asian Cup which is on in a non FIFA date as a warm up tournament.

This squad is likely to be older as Arnie tries to horse trade with the clubs of the younger players to leave them during the current window and release them for the U23 Asian Cup.

I would that ALM young players will still be considered.

booney

Plenty of injury worries for Arnie this close to the Asian Cup-Maty,Strain,McGree,Leckie( injured last night in ACL game).Leaves GK and RB positions pretty thin for cover.Also worrying that Souttar not getting game time and also Volpato being used sparingly.Same goes for Garang Kuol and Tilio.

Positives are that Fornaroli is in red hot form.Also Arzani rediscovering his old form and O'Neill and Bos getting plenty of game time in the Belgian league.

booney

I actually think Arnie will try to avoid AMB for now - he will want him for the Olympics later in the year and will want to use him in the AFC U23 Asian Cup which is on in a non FIFA date as a warm up tournament.

This squad is likely to be older as Arnie tries to horse trade with the clubs of the younger players to leave them during the current window and release them for the U23 Asian Cup.

I would that ALM young players will still be considered.
Good point.

Allreet?

Lewis Miller is pretty much nailed on for RB although Deng can play there also. Whatever happened to Karacic? (He never impressed me though.)

Leckie has become something of a sick note, but has been a consistent 7/10 for the Socceroos. If he's out the door flies open for the likes of Arzani and Irankunda, although I suspect Arnie wants Irankunda for the Olys.

Hope McGree is fit.

Also hope Lewis doesn't cost us a game with his usual red mist problems - Asian refs can be very touchy.

Insertnamehere

Lewis Miller is pretty much nailed on for RB although Deng can play there also. Whatever happened to Karacic? (He never impressed me though.)

Leckie has become something of a sick note, but has been a consistent 7/10 for the Socceroos. If he's out the door flies open for the likes of Arzani and Irankunda, although I suspect Arnie wants Irankunda for the Olys.

Hope McGree is fit.

Also hope Lewis doesn't cost us a game with his usual red mist problems - Asian refs can be very touchy.
I don't think karacic even has a club atm. Which ia really weird.

sydmariner

Stuartmcateer

One can only assume that with the squad announced at 10am today that arnie called him on the weekend and told him he wasn’t in. ??‍♂️

Stuartmcateer

Probably also means McGree is fit.
He’s listed on livescore as unknown return and I read earlier in the week that he still hadn’t trained fully.

He will be well under done - he hasn’t played since the start of October.

Wonder if it’s Robertson? He is killing it at Portsmouth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred