• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

pjennings

I saw Venables play for Chelsea against an Australian XI in1965 .He was a good midfielder and would have had more appearances for England but they had lots of excellent midfielders in the 1960s.

That bloody Iran match is still a sore point with that pest pulling down the goal nets and we lost our momentum.
Such a shame - I would have loved to see what that team could have done. To me they probably had more claim to being the 'golden generation'.

FFC Mariner

Allreet?

Probably too late for him but Arzani had another cracking game yesterday.

He must have been injured against us as didn't start, came on late and did f**k all.

But that's two games in three where he's reminded us of how creative he can be. There's not another Australian player like him for skill and setting up chances.

Allreet?

Maybe the difference against us was Faz
Fazz was monstrous that day but Arzani didn't come on until about the 70th minute and never got into the game. Had to be injured because he was great the week before (and yesterday).

Arnie looks to be locked into Bos/Behich but I'd take Fazz over both right now.

Stuartmcateer

Arnie looks to be locked into Bos/Behich but I'd take Fazz over both right now.
Agree. Arnie will most likely run with the tried and tested behich/Goodwin combo on the left wth bos as backup for both.

Looking towards 2026 I can see a a faz/ bos left side at some point - maybe March or the return fixture against Bangladesh?

Melange

To the goal keepers out there, what do you think of Gauci? Adelaide have had a lot of games in the last year where he's shipped a lot of goals. Is it just his defenders are sh!t or can you see flaws in his game?

I feel he's definitely better than Glover and Redmayne. I'm wondering why Lawrence Thomas has never been given a shot.

Allreet?

I wrote the book on goalkeeping, and I like Gauci. He certainly suffered from crap defenders in front of him on the weekend but still made some cracking saves. Thomas has always been decent also.

My choice would be Gauci... never rated Glover and Redders hasn't been in great form. What price an SOS to tempt Vuka out of retirement?

It's a shame Birraz has had such a nightmare OS as he would've been in the conversation before he left.

Stuartmcateer

To the goal keepers out there, what do you think of Gauci? Adelaide have had a lot of games in the last year where he's shipped a lot of goals. Is it just his defenders are sh!t or can you see flaws in his game?

I feel he's definitely better than Glover and Redmayne. I'm wondering why Lawrence Thomas has never been given a shot.
He seems to be the heir apparent to Maty. I don’t mind him. Still young for a keeper.

I would be very tempted to give the lad at Charlton a run - brewer.

booney

Gauci first pick,then Ashley Maynard -Brewer or Lawrence Thomas.It is a pity Langerak can't seem to get on with Arnie and Crawley but seems the bridge has been burnt there.

turbo

What price an SOS to tempt Vuka out of retirement?
If that bridge isn’t already burned after the last time they called him up not to use him you’d have to promise him the starting spot. Gauci and another young keeper seem like the way forward now. Leave Redmayne at home and at best take an experienced keeper as a mentor figure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred