• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Melange

Smith played a handful of games at left mid 2 seasons ago (McGarry didn't replace him) and acquitted himself very well. From memory he wasn't dropped, he suffered a long term injury.

He was very influential in those games and I was glad when we re-signed him this season. Get him back into form and he'd be a good player for us and allow Wilson to develop from the bench. From what I've read Wilson's best form was in a central mid role, not sure if Monty picked him to play him out wide.

Michael

What's Danny done wrong? He's been solid and made some fantastic saves this season. Fornarolli's goal was a worldie and wasn't going to be stopped by anyone.

We don't need a keeper upgrade, and although I'd happily take Birraz back he's at best like for like. Bring him back next season when Danny retires
1000% this
Can’t understand any displeasured talk about Danny. We literally need him right now. I truly hope he steps into the GK coach role once retired.

Who is our current GK coach btw? Is Danny already doing that role?

Michael

IMO the January reinforcements have to be a quality striker above anything else, don’t forget how much we create. Just need a genuine finisher. Alou, DWH ain’t cutting the mustard. Alou from the bench in the Simmo role please.
A higher quality winger would be nice but I think Torres is worth sticking with for the medium term. Hally is looking stronger each week at CB imo so hopefully that continues to improve and we don’t need a new CB.

In reality we’re not that far off being super competitive again.

Forum Phoenix

1000% this
Can’t understand any displeasured talk about Danny. We literally need him right now. I truly hope he steps into the GK coach role once retired.

Who is our current GK coach btw? Is Danny already doing that role?

Leadership, agreed, and as said think it would likely do more harm than good, but I also find it easy to understand why people would be worried about his propensity not to come and that he’s clearly nowhere near as fast off his toes as he once was or someone like Birra is as a shot stopper anymore.

Big Al

I couldn’t believe how good Birraz was for us. Previously he was erratic at best. Would be great one week poor the next. Obviously it’s a hard position but still can’t get that goal Bosnar scored from the bowling green that went through his hands out of my head when thinking of him.

Somehow we got the best out of him but seems as soon as he went to a different environment that was difficult he crumbled again.

How much was our CB’s and how much was him? I don’t know

I think we got the best out of him and I would be worried about him coming back and working with MJ and presumably Danny as GK coach. Would that combo worked for him?

I think he would want to come back and I think senior management would want him back as they didn’t want him to go.

Danny is still doing a better job than most but i think he should of gone last season which i think he would have had Monty and the GK coach left earlier. He committed to them and going again and now that’s all changed. Maybe GK coach here wasn’t even an option while the Spanish guy was here. Now it is an option and feels like it’s being deliberately left for him.

Happy to keep going with Vuka and I don’t think Warkarski is ready. Beech I would have said time to give the kid a go.

Interesting to see how it plays out

Hello Sailor

I couldn’t believe how good Birraz was for us. Previously he was erratic at best. Would be great one week poor the next. Obviously it’s a hard position but still can’t get that goal Bosnar scored from the bowling green that went through his hands out of my head when thinking of him.

Somehow we got the best out of him but seems as soon as he went to a different environment that was difficult he crumbled again.

How much was our CB’s and how much was him? I don’t know

I think we got the best out of him and I would be worried about him coming back and working with MJ and presumably Danny as GK coach. Would that combo worked for him?

I think he would want to come back and I think senior management would want him back as they didn’t want him to go.

Danny is still doing a better job than most but i think he should of gone last season which i think he would have had Monty and the GK coach left earlier. He committed to them and going again and now that’s all changed. Maybe GK coach here wasn’t even an option while the Spanish guy was here. Now it is an option and feels like it’s being deliberately left for him.

Happy to keep going with Vuka and I don’t think Warkarski is ready. Beech I would have said time to give the kid a go.

Interesting to see how it plays out
I agree with this but I'd prefer to see our young blokes get a shot.

Last edited:

Rising Sun

Interesting that although we went out there last year, the only contact between the Vanuatu football authorities and the club was through Monty and Sergio, and once they left, the only option they had to set this trial up for the kid was through Kaltak and his agent

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred