• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

turbo

Not sure what it says about Doka though...
We have a visa slot free but if MJ is looking to bring in 2 visa players Doka would be be obvious suspect to get punted. I’m of the view a visa player should be easily claiming their spot in the starting XI and short of a freakishly good season from a local anything less means they’ve failed. I think we’d be better off with a young attack focused defender in the mould of Faz and Miller to be Storm’s understudy. Then use the visa slot on a striker which is a much more pressing need for us.

Michael

We have a visa slot free but if MJ is looking to bring in 2 visa players Doka would be be obvious suspect to get punted. I’m of the view a visa player should be easily claiming their spot in the starting XI and short of a freakishly good season from a local anything less means they’ve failed. I think we’d be better off with a young attack focused defender in the mould of Faz and Miller to be Storm’s understudy. Then use the visa slot on a striker which is a much more pressing need for us.
I agree heavily with all of this..
Storm just got a 2 year extension, says it all IMO.
Foreign players in this league have to be good enough to be starting the vast majority of games. Doka isn’t a terrible player by any stretch tbf. Storm is just a better defender, more experienced and composed on the ball and a leader these days. Does anyone know how Kusevski is going after his knee?
The obvious understudy for storm imo, always was.

Punt Doka, sign a quality visa striker.

pjennings

TBH, given that Storm is obviously the preferred RB (deservedly so) then Doka as a visa reserve really is a wasted visa spot. I'd let him go - but closer to the end of the window if possible to give Kusevski as long as possible to at least be close to a return.

Then you have DWH who can't seem to take a trick at the moment.

It looks like we have 29 players including 7 scholarship players and the injured Sasha. Assuming DWH and Doka are on the outer that would leave 27 including 7 scholarship players. That would allow 3 signings including up to 2 visa players.

All that is assuming we don't lose players to OS that we don't want to. The HIBS forum has already mentioned Tulio, Faz and Niz as potential targets.

Michael

All that is assuming we don't lose players to OS that we don't want to. The HIBS forum has already mentioned Tulio, Faz and Niz as potential targets.
I hope if Monty is chasing any of the lads that he isn’t hoping for a bargain favour and I really hope the club powers don’t give Monty mates rates. ESPECIALLY for guys like Tulio and Niz. Imo Tulio is a million dollar player. Niz ain’t cheap either. Theoretically (not saying niz would be easily replaced) if niz was to leave at any point, CM/DM is our strongest area… steeley, tapp and Kasa are all ready.

marinermick

Faz has always struck me as a player very happy to be playing here. But he has a real connection with Monty so that one worries me a lot as I think he is the best LB in the ALM.

Faz is an extreme introvert and would happily play here until retirement. He doesn’t have the same overseas ambition and drive as some.

In saying this he could easily play under Monty again or would like to try Italy.

Don’t think he would handle the mental demands of playing higher leagues in England or Germany.

Corsair

Faz is an extreme introvert and would happily play here until retirement. He doesn’t have the same overseas ambition and drive as some.

In saying this he could easily play under Monty again or would like to try Italy.

Don’t think he would handle the mental demands of playing higher leagues in England or Germany.
It's the Monty connection that has me worried. I wonder if Faz got along well with Miller.

Ancient Mariner

I hope if Monty is chasing any of the lads that he isn’t hoping for a bargain favour and I really hope the club powers don’t give Monty mates rates. ESPECIALLY for guys like Tulio and Niz. Imo Tulio is a million dollar player. Niz ain’t cheap either. Theoretically (not saying niz would be easily replaced) if niz was to leave at any point, CM/DM is our strongest area… steeley, tapp and Kasa are all ready.
You are incorrect in say Nizz would not be easily replaced.

He would be impossible to replace.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred