• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The EPL thread

tuftman

FFC Mariner said:
Arsenal want Smalling (do they know he is English?)

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is ready to splash out on Fulham's England under-21 giant centre half Chris Smalling - in a stunning 7million deal.

Wenger has brought in Sol Campbell to help him through the season but the Gunners want a long-term defensive leader and the young Londoner is top of their wish list - with a bid imminent.

The shrewd Arsenal chief has had rave reports about the tall and elegant defender since he moved from non-league Maidstone and he thinks he would be perfect for his set-up.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-boss-Arsene-Wenger-plotting-7million-move-for-Fulham-defender-article291377.html

Is 7mill a fair valuation of him? I suppose Arsene is looking long term with Vermaelen(sp) and Smalling(i.e get em whilst they're younger, cheaper) at CB. But surely Fulham could hold out for more?

FFC Mariner

We could but I suppose its down to the player really?

Would he develop better playing under Sir Roy and getting the odd 1st team game for us and in Europa or does he want to play in Arsenals reserves for 3 years?

tuftman

FFC Mariner said:
We could but I suppose its down to the player really?

Would he develop better playing under Sir Roy and getting the odd 1st team game for us and in Europa or does he want to play in Arsenals reserves for 3 years?

Personally I'd like to see him stay at Fulham, I do have a soft spot for them.. most due to the epic work of Roy. But the lure of a big 4/5/6/whatever club...

dibo

FFC Mariner said:
Nice earn but I'm not sure I would use the word "back" just yet

Neither would I, but it was light years ahead of the performance at the Brit. Aquilani looks better and better, and even Lucas's bumbling and hacking didn't cost us too badly.

Oh, and David Ngog is going to be f**king good, once he's turned 14 or so.

FFC Mariner

and they said Hitler was mad............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8475915.stm

Manchester City executive chairman Garry Cook is confident the club is on the path to global domination.

"This football club is, without doubt, going to be the biggest and best football club in the world," Cook told a fans forum in New York

FFC Mariner

Red nose sees a band wagon he can jump on. (Pity they dont have any money lol)

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/ferguson-joins-battle-to-capture-smalling-1878849.html

Manchester United have expressed an interest in the Fulham defender Chris Smalling, whose remarkable rise from non-League football now looks likely to continue with a battle for his signature between two of the biggest clubs in English football.

It has been widely anticipated that Arsenal would make the first move for the 7m-rated defender, who was playing for Maidstone United when he was signed by Roy Hodgson in March 2008. However, Manchester United have let it be known that they are interested in the 20-year-old who, in a short space of time, has broken into the Fulham side and the England Under-21s.

Among the scouting circles of the Premier League's biggest clubs, United's interest in Smalling is widely known and is likely to push up the price for a player who is difficult to value because of the unorthodox way in which he came into the professional game.

FFC Mariner

FFC official site confirms they have accepted an offer to sell Smalling to Manure after the end of the season.

Kept Defoe shotless tonight and only 20. World Cup bolter?

FFC Mariner

Edit - Smalling fee believed to be 7 mil upfront, rising to 12 mil based on apps and England caps.

Not bad for a kid Sir Roy saw playing non league

FFC Mariner

Jimmy said:
I wonder how well Eidur Gudjohnsen will go at spurs.

Will he get a game? Great squad player though and proven at this level

Trying to remove the blue stain on his soul may prove harder tho

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred