• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The EPL thread

serious14

Quote of the year from the recently sacked Megson at Bolton:

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8693_5812174,00.html

That ill-feeling continued right though to his last game in charge, against Hull on Tuesday night, when a controversial decision to replace goalscorer Ivan Klasnic was followed by an equalising goal from the visitors that ultimately proved to be the last milestone of Megson's time in charge.

Asked if he thought he could not win over the fans Megson replied: "Yes.

"I make the decision (to take off Klasnic) and it goes down like the Bismarck".

HA!!!  ;D

FFC Mariner

Busy time right now:

Twat Megson gone from Bolton and Paul Jewell favourite to take them down

Pompey issued with winding up order by Tax office

Sir Roy extends contract

(Paul Jewell? are these people insane?)

FFC Mariner

Transfer window opens 01/01

Best sources of goss/rumour/bullshit

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8435725.stm

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/

for actual deals done:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8230976.stm

serious14

No real movements of any substance yet.  Patrick Viera to the Citizens is about the best that's going on at the moment.  (still to be confirmed)

dibo

serious14 said:
No real movements of any substance yet.  Patrick Viera to the Citizens is about the best that's going on at the moment.  (still to be confirmed)

Maxi Rodriguez to Liverpool and Dossena to Napoli I hear. Voronin's likely to go somewhere in the Bundesliga too.

FFC Mariner

Finished 3-2, a Dempsey wonder goal but too little too late after such a dreadful 1st half.

Oh and Chris Smalling will play for England in the not too distant future.

FFC Mariner

Part_Timer said:

You might snicker but the club have slapped a 20mil tag on him and he is a mainstay of the U21's. Paul Parker was our last International defender who came up through the yoof ranks IIRC.

He went alright I remember

Jaza_SFC

Smalling was the one that was making Leijer his bitch in teh reserves.

I don't buy the hype around Zamora - 5 good months means f**k all. Clint Dempsey and Super Danny Murphy are the real stars of FFC.

Part_Timer

FFC Mariner said:
Part_Timer said:

You might snicker but the club have slapped a 20mil tag on him and he is a mainstay of the U21's. Paul Parker was our last International defender who came up through the yoof ranks IIRC.

He went alright I remember

was refering to the game as i am a potters fan

FFC Mariner

OK :) Stoke did what Stoke do well and we just didnt fancy it in the 1st half.

Most FFC fans would tend to agree with Jaza on Zamora, 1 purple patch does not a decent striker make.

scottmac

Suspended
Jaza_SFC said:
Smalling was the one that was making Leijer his bitch in teh reserves.

I don't buy the hype around Zamora - 5 good months means f**k all. Clint Dempsey and Super Danny Murphy are the real stars of FFC.

Not to mention one f**kin brilliant aussie keeper.

FFC Mariner

Talking of Aussie keepers:

And Reds boss Rafael Benitez also wants to sign Reading goalkeeper Adam Federici for 2m.
Full story: The Sun

Deej

FFC Mariner said:

And Reds boss Rafael Benitez also wants to sign Reading goalkeeper Adam Federici for 2m.

Source is 'the sun' lol.....they are always good for rumours (or making them up)

FFC Mariner

Will piss Bouzanis off if he does though lol

Fulham v Portsmouth called off early (areas around the ground not safe)

No word on any other postponements yet

dibo

FFC Mariner said:

...making Federici more expensive than Maxi Rodriguez.

Go figure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred