• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Our Beloved Monty

gemkayem

I really hope we back someone in like Abbas etc, as opposed to some of the other mentioned dross that have already been on the a league merry go round before. I don’t think any of them fit the club, fit our style or system or the youth progression model we have developed. Other than staj there’s not a single other current a league manager I’d want.
Hopefully the club sticks to its philosophy and makes the right choice

Pirate Pete

Oh, you absolute bastard. My 2018 save taking CCM to the ACL final, and then taking Bristol City to the champions league was going so well, and now this.
wtf-disbelief.gif

Big Dog

Thanks @Corsair, life was ok… and now it’s back to therapy…

View attachment 2853
Ha ha, my post from 2018: He didn't really have a track record for Youth Development.
  • Jul 10, 2018
    Re MM, I knew of him in Brisbane when he was head of football at the Queensland Academy of Sport. A number of lads I coached and were connected with were at the Academy. He was excellent with the W-league side which was full of quality, however, I'm not aware of any of his youth side that have transitioned to A-league. Donachy was in that generation but wasn't part of QAS. Not sure about Chris Harold but don't think he was there either. Hopefully he has more success with our Youth Boys. I think he has a tough job ahead of him though unless MC gets serious about investment in the squad.

On Mulvey's development record, at Gold Coast he brought through Steven Lustica, Zac Anderson, Ben Halloran, Chris Harold, Daniel Bowles,Tahj Minniecon, Golgol Mebrahtu, Jake Barker-Daish, Mitch Cooper, and Mitch Bevan. That’s a solid record for three years work. As first team coach at Brisbane he brought through Corey Brown, James Donachie, Kwame Yeboah, and Brandon Borello. I have no knowledge of what his job was at the QAS, but graduates during his time there include Tommy Oar, Josh Brillante, Halloran, Bowles, and Anderson. He also took the Victory W-League team from a basket case to the grand final in one season. Say what you will about his tactical intransigence or his reportedly infuriating self-confidence, his development record is sound.
    I was referring more to his QAS side in terms of players that have come through. A number of players you've mentioned didn't spend long under him at all. Chris Harold was at Brisbane Force for his key Youth development years and Donachie was at Loganholme, then Rochedale BPL until he was approached by Ange to enter the Roar Youth squad. Minnecon did spend time with Gold Coast under MM but had been at AIS and then Roar before going there. You're right though, he was great with his W-league squads and hopefully he can bring the best out of the Mariners lads. I'm hopeful.

Insertnamehere

Apparently FM 2025 is going to see massive changes in gameplay. Using a new engine or some such thing. I haven't really enjoyed FM since maybe 2014 (that was the last version I put 1500hrs into). It's really just become the manager version of FIFA but I'm hopeful that whatever this massive change that occurs for 2025 will reinvigorate the game.

FFC Mariner

Apparently FM 2025 is going to see massive changes in gameplay. Using a new engine or some such thing. I haven't really enjoyed FM since maybe 2014 (that was the last version I put 1500hrs into). It's really just become the manager version of FIFA but I'm hopeful that whatever this massive change that occurs for 2025 will reinvigorate the game.
Sort the set piece editor out ffs

Spacks

I tried with 2020 I think and the learning curve was tough. Might come back to it one day and try again but it’s definitely a case of ‘watch a bunch of YouTube tutorials first’ for me
Just remember, if managing in the Aleague, loans loans loans.

Try and get a senior affiliate with EPL/Championship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred