• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Our Beloved Monty

ScottishMariner

My feelings too and hibs is hardly the best option. I do wish them nothing but the best and am very thankful for what they gave us.
If it goes well their stocks rise dramatically, if it goes bad it could close a lot of doors over there… and given how Hibs are run and how the Scottish football community is. I’m concerned.

The mere fact Monty’s appointment is being heavily questioned because of his “lack of knowledge of Scottish football” is hilariously and shows how big they THINK they are. Was the same with Ange at first too.
One thing that has changed is we’ve signed Brian McDermott as director of football. When we were taken over by the Gordon’s and Ben Kensell became CEO, we were a shambles and there wasn’t anyone with football knowledge steering the club.

Brian’s changing that, and with our main rivals for third in Aberdeen and Hearts having shaky starts to the season, it could be a very good time for Monty to take over.

Ignore that question from McLaughlin by the way, he’s a smug Jambo twat.

The majority of Hibs fans I know are very excited about Monty and are respectful not only of the A-League but what Monty’s achieved at CCM.

Wombat

Bit of panic about who will take the team going forward. We've got Saad and Bernal who both have uefa badges and are familiar to the squad.

If it ain't Cahn or he's delayed, we'll be right.

As long as it ain't some spud like Okon or Mulvey ( I blame myself for him)
I also hold some personal responsibility for the f**k up that was Mulvey. I wanted him too. Even worse that he was such a silver tongued devil.

Last edited:

Wombat

One thing that has changed is we’ve signed Brian McDermott as director of football. When we were taken over by the Gordon’s and Ben Kensell became CEO, we were a shambles and there wasn’t anyone with football knowledge steering the club.

Brian’s changing that, and with our main rivals for third in Aberdeen and Hearts having shaky starts to the season, it could be a very good time for Monty to take over.

Ignore that question from McLaughlin by the way, he’s a smug Jambo twat.

The majority of Hibs fans I know are very excited about Monty and are respectful not only of the A-League but what Monty’s achieved at CCM.
No disrespect....but we dont give a f**k about your skanky lil team.

You stole a great coach.....good luck to yee.....dont gloat on here ya feckin twat. We hope monty does well but we couldne give a shit if ye got relegated ya Ned.

ScottishMariner

You stole a great coach.....good luck to yee.....dont gloat on here ya feckin twat. We hope monty does well but we couldne give a shit if ye got relegated ya Ned.
Who’s gloating?

Been keeping an eye on CCM since Cummings joined, part of a team that gave our club the greatest day of our lives. Not here to gloat or that ?

Last edited:

Robbiemariner

Who’s gloating?

Been keeping an eye on CCM since Cummings joined, part of a team that gave our club the greatest day of our lives. Not here to gloat or that ?
That was a great cup final , especially with the singing of " sunshine on leith " at the end , still makes me smile and gives me goosebumps . That's what football is all about .
You've just got yourself an awesome managerial team , hope it goes well for ye .
COYBIG

marinermick

I also hold some personal responsibility for the f**k up that was Mulvey. I wanted him too. Even worse that he was had such a sweet mouth (what thai people call a bullshitter).

We weren’t to know he would be such a lazy f**k, only train the boys for ninety minutes and be in a Terrigal cafe by midday. He really took to the Coast lifestyle and took us all for a ride.

Monty was the opposite. First in, last out. Those who play Soccer 5s would still see him in his office at 7pm.

Football management at this level is hard work. There is so much to do off the training pitch to be successful. Even more so at the Mariners.

The next manager needs this hard work ethos as the minimum.

Huddo

I don't see it this way wombat.

I care a whole lot about that team now, Monty is a Mariner, he leaves us he is still a Mariner, his success reflects the Mariners success.

Sure, I'm disappointed he left, but the key ( as it is with players,) is ensuring we have the correct replacement. We are a selling club, not a destination club.

No need for the salt mate.

Last edited:

Wombat

I don't see it this way wombat.

I care a whole lot about that team now, Monty is a Mariner, he leaves us he is still a Mariner, his success reflects the Mariners success.

Sure, I'm disappointed he left, but the key ( as it is with players,) is ensuring we have the correct replacement. We are a selling club, not a destination club.

No need for the salt mate.

Sorry guys. Just venting. I'm in a better frame of mind today.

midfielder

TWAS in a meeting today with a very knowledgeable person and well connected person to the Mariners.

I asked him about the coach, he told me two things, Monty was only just signed and it was not as clear as most were making out, he could have very easily not got the job.... they have many people on a list and after the official announcement they have applications coming out of there ?????.

No clear favourite at this stage....

FFC Mariner

TWAS in a meeting today with a very knowledgeable person and well connected person to the Mariners.

I asked him about the coach, he told me two things, Monty was only just signed and it was not as clear as most were making out, he could have very easily not got the job.... they have many people on a list and after the official announcement they have applications coming out of there ?????.

So. CCM don't do succession planning.
Who knew?

Corsair

Sigh. What sort of a job do we think Abbas will do as caretaker? I was looking forward to the AFC cup, now not so much. I hope we don't get humped by some shit team from Asia.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred