• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Our Beloved Monty

Michael

TWAS in a meeting today with a very knowledgeable person and well connected person to the Mariners.

I asked him about the coach, he told me two things, Monty was only just signed and it was not as clear as most were making out, he could have very easily not got the job.... they have many people on a list and after the official announcement they have applications coming out of there ?????.

No clear favourite at this stage....
It’s pretty obvious at this point that Abbas will be in charge of the afc cup game next week. Probably minimum 2weeks before we have someone concrete. Pretty annoying but nothing we can do about it.

tsd

I highly doubt we will see anything drastically different, the players have been training and playing games under Monty for a while now and know the way we want to play, I don’t think there will be any issues at all
there will be a couple of distinct changes forced by personnel changes though which we previewed in the Australia cup match. Our trusty 4222 will probably look more like a 433... Not having 2x 9's that take turns dropping into midfield to pick up the ball anymore we had a dedicated 9 in Kuol and we saw Tulio and Nizzy as 8's and Maxi parked as a solo 6 rather than our usual 2x 6's. then with the fullbacks Mcgarry often "inverted" to add the extra midfielder when we had the ball while Storm overlapped, this season will more likely see Faz overlapping and Doca being the one adding numbers in the midfield

ScottishMariner

Sorry lad.
It’s all good ?

I felt the same way when Alan Stubbs left us. If CCM ever sign Lewis Stevenson from us or the signing of Paul Hanlon came off I’d be ten times worse ?

Looking forward to the season ahead and being a more involved Mariner from afar.

I have a weird feeling Neil Lennon may be linked to CCM. He’s good for a season or two but it usually implodes after that.

Last edited:

Michael

It’s all good ?

I felt the same way when Alan Stubbs left us. If CCM ever sign Lewis Stevenson from us or the signing of Paul Hanlon came off I’d be ten times worse ?

Looking forward to the season ahead and being a more involved Mariner from afar.

I have a weird feeling Neil Lennon may be linked to CCM. He’s good for a season or two but it usually implodes after that.
We couldn’t afford Neil Lennon and not near the profile of manager we need.

Michael

there will be a couple of distinct changes forced by personnel changes though which we previewed in the Australia cup match. Our trusty 4222 will probably look more like a 433... Not having 2x 9's that take turns dropping into midfield to pick up the ball anymore we had a dedicated 9 in Kuol and we saw Tulio and Nizzy as 8's and Maxi parked as a solo 6 rather than our usual 2x 6's. then with the fullbacks Mcgarry often "inverted" to add the extra midfielder when we had the ball while Storm overlapped, this season will more likely see Faz overlapping and Doca being the one adding numbers in the midfield
I think it will be the same formation and set up whilst Abbas is caretaker. Not the FFA cup game set up.
He hasn’t had enough time and won’t know if he’ll get enough time to do much tactically on his own accord. He’ll keep it to what the boys already know and keep it smooth.

I know I’ve harped on about him, but I wouldn’t be upset at all if Abbas gets the job.

ScottishMariner

We couldn’t afford Neil Lennon and not near the profile of manager we need.
I think you could afford him as I think he’s not getting the well paid job offers that he’s used to, but I think you’d also do well to steer clear.

He clearly wants a new job and is willing to manage abroad, just saying I think he’ll be linked. He tends to be linked with teams who have been doing well and have a decent core squad.

Just a hunch.

priorpeter

I think it will be the same formation and set up whilst Abbas is caretaker. Not the FFA cup game set up.
He hasn’t had enough time and won’t know if he’ll get enough time to do much tactically on his own accord. He’ll keep it to what the boys already know and keep it smooth.

I know I’ve harped on about him, but I wouldn’t be upset at all if Abbas gets the job.
Abbas was quick to implement a 4-1-4-1 formation in his early days at the academy which worked really well:
Beach
Kuzevski - Windust - Larson - Zoricich
J. Bayliss
Duarte - L Bayliss - Segreto - M Di Pizio
Sunmola

That was his line up against Sydney Olympic at home - same shape for other games with Smyth/Arambasic in for Sunmola and Hammond in for Duarte at times. Worked superbly until the baylisses… baylii(?) got binned by the powers that be and other players got called up for A-League duties, then switched shape to 5 at the back for damage limitation after we lost 75% of the side.

A similar shape at this point might look like:

Vuka
Roux - Kaltak - Paull/Hall - Farrell
Balard
Doka - Tulio - Nizz - Torres
Kuol

Just purely hypothesising after a coupla vinos.​

Dylan

Abbas was quick to implement a 4-1-4-1 formation in his early days at the academy which worked really well:
Beach
Kuzevski - Windust - Larson - Zoricich
J. Bayliss
Duarte - L Bayliss - Segreto - M Di Pizio
Sunmola

That was his line up against Sydney Olympic at home - same shape for other games with Smyth/Arambasic in for Sunmola and Hammond in for Duarte at times. Worked superbly until the baylisses… baylii(?) got binned by the powers that be and other players got called up for A-League duties, then switched shape to 5 at the back for damage limitation after we lost 75% of the side.

A similar shape at this point might look like:

Vuka
Roux - Kaltak - Paull/Hall - Farrell
Balard
Doka - Tulio - Nizz - Torres
Kuol

Just purely hypothesising after a coupla vinos.​
That is a very good team

Wombat

It’s all good ?

Yeah I don't want Neil Lennon tbh. He is a bit abrasive. Not the greatest man manager and doesn't have a keen eye for developing talent but he did have success at celtic...but i guess he would have had a healthy budget to work with......something he won't have at the Mariners.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred