• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Ancient Mariner

Yep, really. Shit call IMO but what would I know. His parents were both there in CCM gear tonight, both fairly philosophical about his release.
I don’t get it, but I’m also trying to understand the release of the Bayliss Bros.
Probably because we already have 4 central mids.

Nizz is a mid and not a #10 even if he can play beautiful, silky balls to set up goals. A couple of years ago he competently played a few games on the wing but that did not make him a winger. To play in the #10 position you must be able to shoot and score. Watching the warm up pre match shooting yesterday he was as bad as Doka who managed to convince me that I was wrong, and he (Doka), will never be a winger.

Kripple

Probably because we already have 4 central mids.

Nizz is a mid and not a #10 even if he can play beautiful, silky balls to set up goals. A couple of years ago he competently played a few games on the wing but that did not make him a winger. To play in the #10 position you must be able to shoot and score. Watching the warm up pre match shooting yesterday he was as bad as Doka who managed to convince me that I was wrong, and he (Doka), will never be a winger.
I suppose if he has four mids rated in front of him and he is too old for NPL then not much benefit in staying for him or the club.
What is the max age for our NPL team. Is it 21?

priorpeter

Age limit for the NPL is 23.
Maksim is only 20.
Yes tappy, Steele, niz, and maxi are currently in front of him, but what are the chances of keeping all of them for the next 3 years?
Letting him go 5 weeks before the start of the NPL season is rough as on the kid when most other sides are close to finalising their rosters.

Spacks

Might have another gig lined up with another A-League team. Can't stand in their way while that far down in the pecking order, if that's the case.

Insertnamehere

Age limit for the NPL is 23.
Maksim is only 20.
Yes tappy, Steele, niz, and maxi are currently in front of him, but what are the chances of keeping all of them for the next 3 years?
Letting him go 5 weeks before the start of the NPL season is rough as on the kid when most other sides are close to finalising their rosters.
Niz is gone at the end of the season, surely

Big Dog

That makes it quite inexplicable. There are obviously things that coaches see that we cannot. Time may tell if this was a bad
He is very highly regarded by everyone at the club both as a player and person. He has three players ahead of him, four of you count De Pizio and deserves an opportunity to prove himself playing regular football. My understanding is the decision was a very tough one but made with both the clubs and his interests in mind.
A player who won’t get much game time if any also takes up a spot for an academy prospect. It’s fine margins. I think it’s three scholarship players released in the last month

Insertnamehere

He is very highly regarded by everyone at the club both as a player and person. He has three players ahead of him, four of you count De Pizio and deserves an opportunity to prove himself playing regular football. My understanding is the decision was a very tough one but made with both the clubs and his interests in mind.
A player who won’t get much game time if any also takes up a spot for an academy prospect. It’s fine margins. I think it’s three scholarship players released in the last month
Chaffs my nuts that we sign the likes of Wilson and resign Theo when we have academy prospects who could get the same game time. Sure they may not be the same position but we're also trying to make a purse from a sows ear in Wilson and Theo

shipwreck

I'm happy with a 10 that gets an assist or 3 every single game.

But I agree, if he was a genuine goal scoring threat that's an additional player the defense need to mark in a shooting opportunity, right now they could stand off him and move remark the passing channels, luckily they haven't figured that out yet and keep trying to close him down as he burns past them ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred