• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

pjennings

Humphrys couldn't polish Tulio's boot.

Been watching Heart since Rowles went there, Humphrys eye is no-where near as good as Cummings.
Firstly we aren't ever going to be able to replace such an exciting player as Tulio for what we can afford. We should just be thankful that a set of circumstances led him here and we could enjoy his talent and joy o th game for as long as we could.

Secondly Humphrys was an example of someone with similar stats to Jason that can also play right wing. I was asked to provide a similar example and so I did.

Thirdly maybe you were a bit harsh on Humphrys considering he had 82 days out with injury and illness that season at Hearts (his only injury absences).

I have since chased down some of his highlights. The second video shows a strike from in his own half with his weaker foot catching Birraz off his line.

pjennings

wait a second, is this guy a possibility? Could he be the Second Coming of Cummings? (lol)
This was just me saying we should go after a player with similar stats to Jason - let him star here and chase a bigger payday in Saudi or ISL after standing out here. He plays as RW and striker so could be a replacement of sorts for Tulio and also cover for Kuol if Reec gets recalled.

As others have said maybe we should be looking to cover our other likely loss.

priorpeter

Very much respect your opinions PP in general, I've been surprised though that it's come over as there won't be much impact from Tulio leaving and not much of a need to replace him. It seems like the opinion is his contribution will be absorbed by the rest of the squad without much impact at all. I just can't see that being the case, unless you know about an incoming player that we don't that's going to bridge a gap....

We're losing a key player who scores goals, there must be something in the wings we don't know about...I hope so.

I really think people have underestimated the hole he's going to leave. Anyway just an opinion...
Don’t disagree that we shouldn’t be looking to bring in someone to fill the void left by tulio (if possible) - but he’s not a striker, especially in our current system(s). Alou, with Niz in behind, is more than capable of leading the line in our current set up IMO

Corsair

Don’t disagree that we shouldn’t be looking to bring in someone to fill the void left by tulio (if possible) - but he’s not a striker, especially in our current system(s). Alou, with Niz in behind, is more than capable of leading the line in our current set up IMO
Agree that Alou is coming good and have said as much previously. Was always going to take some time for him to sharpen up again and am stoked he seems to be starting to turn it on already.

Just noticed my Freudian slip re Tulio replacement!!

"there must be something in the wings we don't know about..." ?

Window opens on Thurs...are the cards close to the chest still or has there been any sniff of someone incoming yet?

turbo

We're losing a key player who scores goals, there must be something in the wings we don't know about...I hope so.

I really think people have underestimated the hole he's going to leave. Anyway just an opinion...
It's not just the goals its the space and opportunities he creates. Without an adequate replacement Nizzy, Kuol, Torres all get a lot more attention and pressure to work under.

Wombat

Firstly we aren't ever going to be able to replace such an exciting player as Tulio for what we can afford. We should just be thankful that a set of circumstances led him here and we could enjoy his talent and joy o th game for as long as we could.

Secondly Humphrys was an example of someone with similar stats to Jason that can also play right wing. I was asked to provide a similar example and so I did.

Thirdly maybe you were a bit harsh on Humphrys considering he had 82 days out with injury and illness that season at Hearts (his only injury absences).

I have since chased down some of his highlights. The second video shows a strike from in his own half with his weaker foot catching Birraz off his line.

Looks as good if not better than Cummings in the video.

Coastalraider

The thing we need to keep remembering with these players we give time to and re-boot their careers, is they themselves didn’t look that good when they arrived, or they wouldn’t be in australia in the first place. Cummings ended up here because he couldn’t get a gig in the UK. The time here revitalised his career to potentially the best it had been. But if he had been playing as well in Scotland as he was when he went to India for a payday, he would have simply skipped the australia part and had those sort of offers already. Same with Tulio.

Wombat

The thing we need to keep remembering with these players we give time to and re-boot their careers, is they themselves didn’t look that good when they arrived, or they wouldn’t be in australia in the first place. Cummings ended up here because he couldn’t get a gig in the UK. The time here revitalised his career to potentially the best it had been. But if he had been playing as well in Scotland as he was when he went to India for a payday, he would have simply skipped the australia part and had those sort of offers already. Same with Tulio.
Early Tulio was very frustrating.....very different to the purring Rolls Royce that he has become.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred