• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"I for one welcome our insect overlords" - The Politics Thread

Big Al

you mean the queensland government with the best economy in the country and is in surplus ?
please your advocacy for the queensland coal industry which might have to start paying some tax
is adorable .
and won't queenslanders love having 14,000 public servant sacked again .so the coal industry and the white shoe brigade .may rape and pillage for the next 4 years .
you know cando 2.0 .

good luck with that queensland
Best economy 😂 where are you pulling that from.
Might have to report you to the Labor disinformation group.

IPA star economic score card. March 2024
QLD 4th

Commbank State of states report July 2024. SA No1 3qtrs in a row. Qld finished 5th.

Quick google search instead of Albo said while campaigning.

true believer

Best economy 😂 where are you pulling that from.
Might have to report you to the Labor disinformation group.

IPA star economic score card. March 2024
QLD 4th

Commbank State of states report July 2024. SA No1 3qtrs in a row. Qld finished 5th.

Quick google search instead of Albo said while campaigning.
Awesome stuff . Which one of those states has delievered 3 surplus in a row ?
But sure, but labor and hand the state back for cando 2.0

Spacks

I mean coking coal is an important part in the production of steel, so is iron. Both of which we export to your mate chiiiina

true believer

I mean coking coal is an important part in the production of steel, so is iron. Both of which we export to your mate chiiiina

yeah you love your strawmen ,don't you .
your incel friends spell it as chyna
this doesn't explain why the coal industry shouldn't be paying their fair share
in revenue . while weakening the government for the benefit of the white shoe brigade, queensland LNP
grifters

Spacks

yeah you love your strawmen ,don't you .
your incel friends spell it as chyna
this doesn't explain why the coal industry shouldn't be paying their fair share
in revenue . while weakening the government for the benefit of the white shoe brigade, queensland LNP
grifters
Awesome stuff . Which one of those states has delievered 3 surplus in a row ?
But sure, but labor and hand the state back for cando 2.0
Well QLD is running 3 consecutive surpluses, I would argue that they are indeed paying their fair share, bruuuuh

true believer

Well QLD is running 3 consecutive surpluses, I would argue that they are indeed paying their fair share, bruuuuh
at what point does this prove the coal industry is paying anything ?
while the LNP and coal industry have f'ked everything they touch .

cando 2.0 right

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F191f1b7d-4711-422e-9805-df4a77fb2bf8_1245x1118.jpeg

Spacks

at what point does this prove the coal industry is paying anything ?
while the LNP and coal industry have f'ked everything they touch .

cando 2.0 right

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F191f1b7d-4711-422e-9805-df4a77fb2bf8_1245x1118.jpeg
I don't care about the confederation. Nor sure why you keep posting this garbage.

https://www.treasury.qld.gov.au/queenslands-economy/about-the-queensland-economy/ said:
Mining was Queensland’s largest industry in 2022‑23, worth A$86.5 billion in nominal gross value added (GVA) terms. Reflecting strong growth in commodity prices, the mining industry’s nominal GVA has increased by A$59.7 billion over the past two years, increasing its share of Queensland’s total output from 7.8% to 18.3%.

booney

These morons still are fighting the Civil War one hundred and fifty nine years after it finished( 1865).However they are not to be underestimated as they were clever enough to bring in the Jim Crow laws in most of the Southern states which disenfranchised most black voters and brought in the segregation of transport,schools,universities,cafes,etc until well in the nineteen sixties.

Hello Sailor

These morons still are fighting the Civil War one hundred and fifty nine years after it finished( 1865).However they are not to be underestimated as they were clever enough to bring in the Jim Crow laws in most of the Southern states which disenfranchised most black voters and brought in the segregation of transport,schools,universities,cafes,etc until well in the nineteen sixties.
Its a complex issue.

I was surprised to learn that Lincoln was prepared to accept slavery in the southern states to preserve the Union and avoid war, and only drew a line at slavery in new states in the push west.

I think some factors in the persistence of the Confederate cause are:

Victors write the history; and it is generally negative of white southerners.

Defeated people want to maintain some pride. (The harsh Versailles treaty lead to resentment and WW2).

Intergenerational trauma at the loss?
Before the war the South with its agrarian capitalist economy was one of the richest places in the world. The richest regions in the South prewar [due to slave labour in the tobacco cotton and rice growing fields] became the poorest after the war. Its wealth was based on slavery and after emancipation there was a century of economic stagnation. These areas still fail in education, health and industrial infrastructure today. This contrast is why some whites fondly remember those ‘halcyon’ days.

Southern power was held in the hands a few and in retrospect the poor whites who fought to maintain that status quo are often considered stupid. [No one wants to hear that their ancestors were stupid]. But today workers everywhere also defend a status quo that profits the few with real power [eg in the mining industry] because their livelihood depends on its success. Its not stupidity its self interest. Few reading this would want to see the failure of the industries in which they earn an income.

Both sides causes suffering to noncombatants and those of the North include Sherman's scorched earth policy, and carpet bagging.

The Reconstruction was not the success that the North hoped that it would be and many southerners resented it.

There are elements of irony in the story too. Union General Sherman was a white supremacist. Grant owned slaves as did the Founding Fathers such as Jefferson and Washington. In both wars the motive for succession was economics [A Revolutionary War motto was "No taxation without representation']

Last edited:

true believer

I don't care about the confederation. Nor sure why you keep posting this garbage.
it was the confederacy and best describes education under the queensland LNP .

One-nation-under-God-flag.jpg

ooh yeah

onenation.jpg

spack said

"Mining was Queensland’s largest industry in 2022‑23, worth A$86.5 billion in nominal gross value added (GVA) terms. Reflecting strong growth in commodity prices, the mining industry’s nominal GVA has increased by A$59.7 billion over the past two years, increasing its share of Queensland’s total output from 7.8% to 18.3%."

good for you . so why shouldn't they pay their fair share of revenue ?
you know like when john "the lying rodent" howard gave away our gas rights for 30 years .
norway have a sovereign wealth fund .we have f**k all .

Spacks

good for you . so why shouldn't they pay their fair share of revenue ?
you know like when john "the lying rodent" howard gave away our gas rights for 30 years .
norway have a sovereign wealth fund .we have f**k all .
sigh, enough with the cringe imagery. Have some factual information for a change!

We have royalties on mineral extraction in QLD.

Mineral Resources Regulation 2013

"Depending on the mineral, the royalty rate payable under the Mineral Resources Regulation 2013 is either a percentage of the value of the mineral or a flat rate per tonne."

This regulation commences on 1 September 2013.

Who was in charge of qld state parliament in 2013?

Campbell Newman201226 March 201214 February 20152 years, 325 daysLiberal NationalAshgrove

oh, it was LNP.

GG EZ

Last edited:

Hello Sailor

Council Election.

I know what Labor and Liberals generally stand for but I would be interested if anyone has some info on what the unaligned candidates in Gosford West ward stand for. Does anyone know them or can share something of their politics? I've looked at their PDF applications with their qualifications [such that they are] and its a very low bar. I dont like what I have read of Brooks and I dont want to reward a party that puts "Dont you know who I am?" at the head of the ticket nor the party of slash and burn but there doesn't seem to be much info on the others.

Wombat

Council Election.

I know what Labor and Liberals generally stand for but I would be interested if anyone has some info on what the unaligned candidates in Gosford West ward stand for. Does anyone know them or can share something of their politics? I've looked at their PDF applications with their qualifications [such that they are] and its a very low bar. I dont like what I have read of Brooks and I dont want to reward a party that puts "Dont you know who I am?" at the head of the ticket nor the party of slash and burn but there doesn't seem to be much info on the others.
Lawrie's group will be getting my vote.

pjennings

Council Election.

I haven't decided on my vote as yet (nor looked at the candidates really). My concerns with the Lawrie team are twofold (although I've always respected Pat Farmer and friends who had him as local member always were complimentary).

When Lawrie was there previously he always recused himself about anything to do with the stadium or the Mariners. Others with RL ties did not. So he was useless for us as Mariners.

The second concern was that after claiming to be independent all during the campaign he came out on the day of the lection and said he and Bracken would be voting with the Liberals. Now he is free to do that and once elected there is no bind on him. But it was a bit rich campaigning as independents that would vote for what is best for the Coast and then saying I'm voting with the Liberals. Chris Holstein was also elected as an independent (with green support) years ago before showing that he was a Liberal.

Vote whichever way you want but the simple point is - if you choose to vote for an independent do your research.

Last edited:

marinermick

Council Election.

Central Coast Council Watch Facebook page has an excellent summary of candidates, qualifications and what they stand for.

FFC Mariner

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred