• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"I for one welcome our insect overlords" - The Politics Thread

Wombat

Honestly, anyone that believes immigrants are eating people’s pets is not fit for office.

No wonder Harris wants another debate.
Haha.

Our old cleaner reckoned her Asian neighbours ate her cat when she lived in Sydney. That story always made me laugh. Thankfully she wasn't running for office.

Some old habits do die hard though.

Last edited:

booney

The"Migrants eating cats and dogs"quote brings to mind "Honest John"Howard's comments about refugees throwing their children overboard-his ministers Reith and Ruddock also said this.Remember this was just prior to an election in November 2001.

Stuartmcateer

Thing is he needs to win votes. How many new converts after that dribbling pack of lies.
The thing is with the archaic electoral process he really doesn't need to change that many minds, if he does it in the swing states.

His ranting will most likely increase the popular vote in blue states but they don't get any more electoral college votes (you still only get 3 points for a 6-0 win compared to a 1-0 win 🤷🏻‍♂️

If there are enough nut jobs in Michigan and Pennsylvania who are concerned about pet eating migrants (they both border on Ohio although to be fair I would probably be more worried about my pets around the locals in Ohio) and grab a few cheese heads from Wisconsin (if they can get to Michigan they can get to us right?), then it will be a very close election.

Someone needs to come and take grandpa home
Or tell him COVID is back and tell him where the bleach is.

pjennings

The thing is with the archaic electoral process he really doesn't need to change that many minds, if he does it in the swing states.

His ranting will most likely increase the popular vote in blue states but they don't get any more electoral college votes (you still only get 3 points for a 6-0 win compared to a 1-0 win 🤷🏻‍♂️

If there are enough nut jobs in Michigan and Pennsylvania who are concerned about pet eating migrants (they both border on Ohio although to be fair I would probably be more worried about my pets around the locals in Ohio) and grab a few cheese heads from Wisconsin (if they can get to Michigan they can get to us right?), then it will be a very close election.

Or tell him COVID is back and tell him where the bleach is.

I thought this was quite a telling moment.

Former President Donald Trump twice refused to directly answer a question during the debate about whether he wanted U.S. ally Ukraine to win the war. Meanwhile, Vice President Kamala Harris praised American and NATO support for Ukraine in its fight against Russia's invasion so far — and called for it to continue.

“Otherwise, (Russian President Vladimir) Putin would be sitting in Kyiv with his eyes on the rest of Europe. Starting with Poland,” she said. “And why don’t you tell the 800,000 Polish Americans right here in Pennsylvania how quickly you would give up for the sake of favor and what you think is a friendship with what is known to be a dictator who would eat you for lunch?”

Stuartmcateer

I thought this was quite a telling moment.
I don't disagree that there were a number of telling moments. And god forbid that loon gets back in the white house.

But we are talking about US swing states. And nobody has accused Trump supporters of being rational or sane (or intelligent) - watch some of the videos of Jordan Klepper interviewing Trump supporters (and anti vaxxers) for a hilarious take.

Georgia was won by Biden by what 12000 votes last time? So we aren't talking a swing of millions.

It's not so much the 800,00 polish Americans that decide to not vote for Trump - it's do they have enough reason to vote for Harris or do they stay at home?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred