• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Grand Final vs Victory 23/24

LFCMariners

I got into Gosford at around 1 to get a good parking spot and have lunch with my family, before walking around for a while prior to game time.

Gosford really isn't a destination spot. It's central, and a good place for the stadium, but I wouldn't recommend Gosford to someone travelling in to spend a day. It's had troubles over many years with council and development, but I'm sure we all remember how significant of a hit it took with Erina Fair being only a short drive away.

There have been several efforts from the council to revitalise Gosford, and I do think the only way anything's ever going to happen is through the Mariners.
I moved up in 1992 so no, I don’t remember. I only ever remember Gosford basically being the mall (it was Stockland when I arrived) the leagues club, Frogy’s (RIP) and a bunch of empty store-fronts or businesses that didn’t last very long. I’ve only ever known Erina Fair being THE shopping destination for people in the Gosford City area, with Westfield Tuggerah the centre of choice for people in the Wyong Shire.
If those muppets were 'corporate Melbourne people' I despair for the state of Victoria and the country.

Their constant mention of how proud they were at the volumes of beer drunk don't sound the chardy/shiraz sipping "I'm from Melbourne so I'm posh" set to me.

And anyone who can't get a radio to work in the car is either a few tiles short of a roof, or driving a clapped out bogan van.
Well we’d be the experts at getting a radio to work. We’re all Ute people after all- apparently…

Last edited:

yellowcake

Just watched the all access of the grand final very disappointing
I didn't mind it. I've already (re)watched the whole 4hr shebang on 10play and the straight match on P+ so I know where to find the pure football. They followed the Vuka / family story nicely and the editing through the game made it look like our town and our little 20k seater just about put on the greatest show on earth.

Big Al

I didn't mind it. I've already (re)watched the whole 4hr shebang on 10play and the straight match on P+ so I know where to find the pure football. They followed the Vuka / family story nicely and the editing through the game made it look like our town and our little 20k seater just about put on the greatest show on earth.
I like it and the Vuka story

Huddo

I moved up in 1992 so no, I don’t remember. I only ever remember Gosford basically being the mall (it was Stockland when I arrived) the leagues club, Frogy’s (RIP) and a bunch of empty store-fronts or businesses that didn’t last very long. I’ve only ever known Erina Fair being THE shopping destination for people in the Gosford City area, with Westfield Tuggerah the centre of choice for people in the Wyong Shire.

Well we’d be the experts at getting a radio to work. We’re all Ute people after all- apparently…

A little off topic alot of the vacant buildings are land banked by our good friend Lederer

Last edited:

LFCMariners

Surely the GF doco deserves a 30 min length.

Rushed through moments too quickly. Doesn’t do the game justice…
30 minute length same as last years' one would suffice. TBF they had a whole weeks' break (because of the weird scheduling) and needed extra content as a buffer, but I enjoyed the pre-GF episode giving us more of an insight into the players of both City and CCM and why it was a notable game for some of them (either last game before transferring overseas, first GF because they missed the last one etc.)

Notably missing from this one was the pre-game warm-up and dressing room addresses of both managers, plus the H/T dressing room speeches (really would love to have seen what Popa and Jacko both said) plus, of course, Harry rounding up the guys at the end back in the dressing room and asking how many goals we scored? Also didn't need to bleep out all the f**k's given throughout. Watching a sports doco and getting offended at the language is like watching Striptease and then being appalled at the nudity...

I now await our friends at What The Vuck to dismiss the whole episode as shit, how the game was shit and should've been held in Melbourne because they know how to run an event, our crowd was shit unlike Victory crowds, our active was shit, Edmo is shit and a nobody, Danny was a shit goal-keeper and both his kids are little shits etc...

Last edited:

midfielder

Great read.... its not all gloom and doom tell News to F.............Off

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred