• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The EPL thread

Forum Phoenix

Sean said:
owen1.gif

33eiozq.gif

How good is this man?
Grace and skill personified. Best all round player in the world imo.

Forum Phoenix

serious14 said:
+1 FP - I have not seen a greater all round game than that since the Arse/Spurz 4-4 last season.  Unbelievable. 

Oh, and just to counter the inevitable:

"Bellamy scores at 89:55, after the four minutes were signalled. Play wasn't restarted until 91:01 (1:06 time wasted). We won a corner, Anderson was subbed for Carrick (30 seconds). That gives us a total of 1:36 over the original four, and Owen scored at 95:28 (ie 8 seconds short of this)".

;)

Brilliant!
Can you email that to Fox sports please. Bozza announcing the time of scoring wrong while its on the screen was driving me mental.

Forum Phoenix

Disagree, its an easy post to make when you've watched him for so long, play so well, so consistently and win so many trophies... and then to continue winning them at an age when most players are dead and buried... Look at him! The mans 36 next month! He's astounding.

You'll note I said, best all round player, because it's not just his attack and defensive ability or even his incredible reading of a game. It's as a professional, a captain, his length and depth of contribution and an ambassador as well... He is light years above Ronaldo for example in such regards.

Perhaps your thinking of Terry or Lampard as comparisons... 
Fair enough... But we'll have to talk after they've put in at least another 5 or 6 odd years of incredible contribution to their team and the world game.
Not that they probably won't, but fair is fair. .

Bias Smias.
:tophat:

serious14

Manchester United 2, Stoke 0.  Brush away the mediocrity with a routine win, move on.  Ryan Giggs is simply a freak of nature.

Wigan 3, Chelsea 1.  No emoticon can express the amount of laughter and hilarity contained within that result.  ;D

Liverpool 6, Hull 1.
Brum 1, Bolton 2. 
Spurz 5, BNP Headquarters 0.
Blackburn 2, Villa 1.
Pompey 0, Everton 1.

Fulham/Arsenal on now.

Azza-Mataz

serious14 said:
Wigan 3, Chelsea 1.  No emoticon can express the amount of laughter and hilarity contained within that result.  ;D

undefeated your 'avin a larf ...  :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: ...  ;)

JT

Azza-Mataz said:
serious14 said:

undefeated your 'avin a larf ...  :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: ...  ;)

:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :redcard: i still can't believe this!

Sym

Don't fret mate, we weren't too good rly, but Drogba hit his 100th Chelsea goal so that's way rad.
not sure Cech should of been carded though, wasn't that bad and Ash was on the line.

Congrats to wigan on their first victory over a top 4 club, only thing that annoyed me was their constant 5min treatments after a little knock.

always good to recieve a kick in the ass before a game v the scouse gits

FFC Mariner

From the Fulham (unofficial) - Ironic terrace humour at its best -  great post about Bobby Zamora..........

Today, those of you who admire my guru-style presentations on turning bad players into good ones are in for a treat. Because it is time to speak out. I feel that we, as a crowd, have been making huge mistakes. And we must change our approach before Fulham FC collapses in a cloud of fluffed volleys, weak headers, ear-cuppings and sulky snarls.

Yes, Bobby Zamora. It is time to get to the nub of the matter. Or perhaps the nob.

Up until now, our tactic has been to support Bobby. We sing his name, we cheer him onto and off the field, we rave about his 'hold-up' play... in general, we treat him like a god. And how does he repay us? By hating us, and by being absolutely pony. As supporters, our tactics are not working. We must change.

In the pre-season, I personally turned Danny Hoessen into a promising young footballer, by the simple method of calling him what he was - a git. It worked. Players cannot be mollycoddled, like big babies - if they are failing, we must let them know. They prefer to be treated like grown-ups. This is not 'bullying', 'scapegoating', 'witch-hunting' or any of the other hysterical terms that shrieking goody-goodies like to use. It is realism, and in the long term everyone benefits from accepting the real - even a deluded incompetent like Bobby. This is not the Fifth Form at Mallory Towers - this is professional football, and Bobby must hear our voice.

It is time to turn the Viv Busby treatment on Bobby Z. We must JEER him mercilessly, sing about how he can't shoot for toffee, BOO him at every opportunity. Lying to him has not worked. It is time for truth.

I suggest that someone - not me, of course, I can't currently be bothered - should make a big scoreboard with Bobby's running total of goals. 'Total'... the word seems vastly inappropriate for Mr Two-goals-a-season, but you know what I mean. There won't be much work in this. Right now, Bobby has scored one goal, with his ass, while facing in the wrong direction. I don't think we need bother to paint a number '2' just yet, do you?

The only people who should be admired for their 'hold-ups' are American gangsters. Strikers should strike! Last season, we came seventh largely because Bobby was rested at the end of the season. Nevland and Kamara started scoring goals and turned several draws into victories (Stoke, Manchester City, Villa). Does anyone really think Bobby could have done that? Without those six points, we wouldn't even have made the top half of the table.

That is what Bobby Zamora is doing for us. He is holding us back. And we, in a perverse way, are also holding HIM back. His current form is not good enough. We must stop fibbing to him about this. We must be honest, now, and call him a clown. He will thank us in the end. Perhaps our jeers will enable him to wipe off the greasepaint, take off the clown shoes and become a man

Kareem

good post...but hang on a min...we've been doing this honesty crap with Mrdja and it hasnt helped him a bit! :p

Forum Phoenix

Hmmm, I don't think we ever tried lying to him to be honest?
Can anyone stomach chanting that Nick is lord of strikers?
Worth a try anyone think?

;)  :innocent:
:popcorn:

serious14

Finally, _finally_ off to Old Trafford this weekend.  It might "only" be against Sunderland, but quite frankly I don't care.  ;D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred