• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Our Beloved Monty

JackMariner

Reading disturbing reports that Hibs want Monty. (They're also in for Arnie apparently.)

Monty is the most important person at our club and we know he's destined for the EPL. It would be bad enough losing him at any time but preseason would be the pits.
Tradies going to his home in Bensville for preparing to sell, he's gone. Weeks ago this was! Homesick I hear but he comes from Sheffield. Gotta ask the question were we not prepared to match what Hibernian offered and what a feather in Monty's cap Arnold turned them down so sights set on a miracle worker, I have nothing but admiration for the guy and wish him all success for his family and all his future endeavours.

Last edited:

marinermick

Let’s try and narrow it down and look at what criteria is needed:
- History of being involved in youth and/or developing youth.
- AFC Pro Licence to be able to coach in the AFC Cup. Or at least the assistant should have one.
- Cheap.

Cahn doesn’t meet the middle criteria as don’t many other coaches.

I hope Dick doesn’t “slip up” and appoint a youth coach in the national set up. Most of them are curriculum stooges.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Good job too. They always find something to whinge about. One was even criticising his move there as a step in his ambition to EPL. Would they seriously prefer someone who wanted the job because he was asked to leave elsewhere [like so many over there] as opposed to one who will showcase his ability with them and will be sorely missed here. EEjits [Irish I know but dinnae ken the Scots equivalent]
Bampots

FFC Mariner

- AFC Pro Licence to be able to coach in the AFC Cup. Or at least the assistant should have one.
- Cheap.

I hope Dick doesn’t “slip up” and appoint a youth coach in the national set up. Most of them are curriculum stooges.
Beware Arnie trying to shift a dud

Insertnamehere

- Cheap.

How's the AFC compare to UEFA pro? In my mind it UEFA would be much better but I dont know shit from clay

turbo

Only know what I’ve been told by coaches which is the UEFA Pro and the AFC Pro are essentially the same course, but UEFA Pro is much more highly regarded.
There was something with Ange when he moved to Celtic. The UEFA one is recognised everywhere but the AFC one isn’t recognised as like for like by UEFA and there was the possibility of needing to complete a bridging qualification. If you’re a manager with any aspirations of going abroad I’d imagine the UEFA one is a much more desirable cert even if it’s exactly the same content.

Big Al

- Cheap.

He loves an ex Socceroo as well
Rat and Saab

Corsair

Tradies going to his home in Bensville for preparing to sell, he's gone. Weeks ago this was! Homesick I hear but he comes from Sheffield. Gotta ask the question were we not prepared to match what Hibernian offered and what a feather in Monty's cap Arnold turned them down so sights set on a miracle worker, I have nothing but admiration for the guy and wish him all success for his family and all his future endeavours.
Sounds like complete bollocks

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred