• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2024/2025 ALM and ACL Elite

Ancient Mariner

I agree, this season will be a rebuilding year. A lot of players will fall by the wayside and hopefully we will uncover some hidden gems.
I am not expecting wonderful results but look forward to being pleasantly surprised.
The following season (25/26) should be the one we are looking to be seriously competitive, with becoming a force in 26/27.
I am sure there will be frustrations but if you can ride them it could be an interesting experience.

A lot in the future will depend on the how the ownership gets sorted at the end of RP's 3 year trial.

Stuartmcateer

Keep in mind that at this point last season we had players who seemed like they might not cut it - people were demanding we deport Doka 6 or 7 games into the season, for example.
The main difference is that we still had vuka, kaltak, storm, max, niz and tulio from the starting 11 that beat city. Plus faz, hall, Steele and Theo were on the bench.

We still had our spine of GK, back 4, 3 mids and a forward (for half a season). That gives the new players a chance to bed in over time with some cover in case they don't hit the ground running.

We have lost that continuity this time around. The players we kept were bench or used in a job share role - kuol, edmo, paull, di pizzio, Theo even - with only tapp, kaltak, doka and storm as regular first choice.

Steele needs to shake the injury prone reputation he is starting to gather.

Jacko has surely earnt at least some patience after what he has proven.
I don't think he's in any danger (and I haven't seen anyone calling for his head either).

Michael

If Sainsbury has done his Pec, as has been insinuated, then he’s either ruptured something or torn it off the bone to be out for as long as some are insinuating.
I tore my pec in January and it was only 4-5weeks before I could play golf comfortably again.

Corsair

If Sainsbury has done his Pec, as has been insinuated, then he’s either ruptured something or torn it off the bone to be out for as long as some are insinuating.
I tore my pec in January and it was only 4-5weeks before I could play golf comfortably again.
Someone said they saw him in a sling at Erina yesterday

turbo

Welllll f**k. What an epic fail, a professional athlete puts himself out for the season by doing weights at the gym.

How?
I understand the need for strength work but wouldn’t have thought the boys would be doing the level of upper body work that would risk a significant injury. Unless he was going off the program / showing off / etc

Meerkat

Welllll f**k. What an epic fail, a professional athlete puts himself out for the season by doing weights at the gym.

How?
Either he wasn’t in good shape to start with or received zero qualified instruction.. That said, most people don’t have instruction at the gym and don’t break shoulders.
So what’s Plan B? Is this guy seriously on our only highly paid wage to sit in the stands?
I think it was @Wombat who said “this smells like the Chsrlesworth era”…. PTSD incoming 😩😫😫

Stuartmcateer

I understand the need for strength work but wouldn’t have thought the boys would be doing the level of upper body work that would risk a significant injury. Unless he was going off the program / showing off / etc
In the gym anything could happen. It could have been a pre existing weakness that doesn't show up on a regular screening or he could have been doing a different exercise and over balanced , the falling weight pulled his shoulder out.

Unless someone actually knows it's probably unhelpful to speculate.

Spacks

In the gym anything could happen. It could have been a pre existing weakness that doesn't show up on a regular screening or he could have been doing a different exercise and over balanced , the falling weight pulled his shoulder out.

Unless someone actually knows it's probably unhelpful to speculate.
All I know is that sainsbury sister plays football with my friends sister in Perth and I asked her what the story was, snapped it in the gym doing weights.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred