• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2024/2025 ALM and ACL Elite

Ironbark

Not panic stations just yet, but in our 3 competitive games so far we seem to be really missing Nizzy and Maxy getting the ball, having a quick turn or shimmy and moving the ball forward quickly, at the moment it just seems a bit slow through the middle.
I reckon Steele will provide the go forward and Tapp/McAlmont to hold

Drew

Have we nailed any of the recruting this season?

Honest question
This is where jacko has to earn his coin, yes he delivered us the treble, but that was also mostly a monty squad he inherited, and the start of this season is leaving a lot of us with these sort of questions. And he has to prove to us that he can recruit well to maintain success,
And so far it hasn’t looked good, but I trust Jacko to deliver and the team to come good.

Corsair

I keep forgetting about Diesel, I'd be giving him a run next to Kaltak. Paull will likely improve but it's his positioning for me that's the problem and that is very hard to teach. If you can't read the game and anticipate it's a big weakness and hard to overcome.

shipwreck

I keep forgetting about Diesel, I'd be giving him a run next to Kaltak. Paull will likely improve but it's his positioning for me that's the problem and that is very hard to teach. If you can't read the game and anticipate it's a big weakness and hard to overcome.
Especially if you're slow af

Stuartmcateer

Paull will likely improve but it's his positioning for me that's the problem and that is very hard to teach. If you can't read the game and anticipate it's a big weakness and hard to overcome.
For me he looks like the kid who was big early and didn't need to learn to play. He wasn't quick but looked it because 2 of his steps were like 6 of a little striker so he could catch up easily and won everything in the air. Plus Sydney NPL teams play a very structured game with patterns and he seems to still be looking for those sometimes.

Strikers are the same. Big strong quick and score heaps of goals as a youth player running in behind but once everyone catches up they are ineffective (I'm thinking ruhs type player).

marinermick

For me he looks like the kid who was big early and didn't need to learn to play. He wasn't quick but looked it because 2 of his steps were like 6 of a little striker so he could catch up easily and won everything in the air. Plus Sydney NPL teams play a very structured game with patterns and he seems to still be looking for those sometimes.

Strikers are the same. Big strong quick and score heaps of goals as a youth player running in behind but once everyone catches up they are ineffective (I'm thinking ruhs type player).

Typical Australian youth product who benefitted from all the development opportunities because of his size and power. Has hit his limit because senior football requires more technique and tactical and positioning intelligence.

Ironbark

Just a reminder that it's very early days yet. It's hard to see how we don't suffer from losing Maxi, Niz and Vuka of course. However, I feel it is much too early to be deciding how we'll go.

Because,
we are still in preseason and have 2 losses to 2 premier teams of Asia. We weren't exactly routed by them either, and in our better playing phases even dominated.
Further, I would argue, in both games we started 3-4 players who will not be starting 11 this season.

As a preseason team, not match fit, not squad settled, and not fully gelled as a unit - we still have a way to go before we know what we really have here.

Last season we lost the first 4 games - 5 if you include our first AFC Cup game.

Keep in mind that at this point last season we had players who seemed like they might not cut it - people were demanding we deport Doka 6 or 7 games into the season, for example.

Concerns should be frankly discussed. I have several. Pessimism is a long way from being warranted though as it is early days and the concerns are not worse than they felt at the same point last season.
We then went on to 2 losses in 35 games and were deserved Treble winners.

Jacko has surely earnt at least some patience after what he has proven.

Last edited:

Tevor

Just a reminder that it's very early days yet. It's hard to see how we don't suffer from losing Maxi, Niz and Vuka of course. However, I feel it is much too early to be deciding how we'll go.

Because,
we are still in preseason and have 2 losses to 2 premier teams of Asia. We weren't exactly routed by them either, and in our better playing phases even dominated.
Further, I would argue, in both games we started 3-4 players who will not be staring 11 this season.

As a preseason team, not match fit, not squad settled, and not fully gelled as a unit - we still have a way to go before we know what we really have here.

Last season we lost the first 4 games - 5 if you include our first AFC Cup game.

Keep in mind that at this point last season we had players who seemed like they might not cut it - people were demanding we deport Doka 6 or 7 games into the season, for example.

Concerns should be frankly discussed. I have several. Pessimism is a long way from being warranted though as it is early days and the concerns are not worse than they felt last season.
We then went on to 2 losses in 35 games and were deserved Treble winners.

Jacko has surely earnt at least some patience after what he has proven.
I see a lot of A League teams being stronger this season which is interesting given the funding cuts. This is going to be a real test this year. 3,500 at an ACL game was pretty good IMO and we got well and truely done and the catering was absolute rubbish. They will get half that at the next one.

We have only scored one open play goal in the ACL and pretty much at 180 minutes and it was an individual worldy. I think there is plenty to be concerned about this season.

Spacks

If we don't get to the top 6 by next season I'll be concerned. I got no problem with a rebuild, it's necessary after our success in the last two seasons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred