• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Ozhammer

Interesting appointment but Monty knows why he is doing and must see that Muller can provide something that we previously didn’t have.

Corsair

I wonder what his official role is. Who is he replacing?
Doesn't seem to be replacing anyone, appears to be an extra pair of hands to run training while the boys are in Asia for the cup.

All the talk of lowest budget and then we add more staff rather than a player. With no coaching experience you'd think we wouldn't be paying him much but I expect it's raised a few eyebrows in some quarters.

Insertnamehere

Doesn't seem to be replacing anyone, appears to be an extra pair of hands to run training while the boys are in Asia for the cup.

All the talk of lowest budget and then we add more staff rather than a player. With no coaching experience you'd think we wouldn't be paying him much but I expect it's raised a few eyebrows in some quarters.
We aren't light years behind anymore. I vaguely recall Dick discussing the uplift in football dept spending which without sales would result in even more massive annual losses.

shipwreck

Yeh I don't have a problem with it at all, european experienced player is always good.

But like, where did the money come from to fix something that clearly wasn't broken (our coaching staff), I need to see some good signings if we have this kind of money available...

Neilmcloudy

Yeh I don't have a problem with it at all, european experienced player is always good.

But like, where did the money come from to fix something that clearly wasn't broken (our coaching staff), I need to see some good signings if we have this kind of money available...
Maybe not broken, but room for improvement and the coaching staff will be sparse when team in Asia. I'm sure this won't effect the player visa spots Monty has promised. Should all work out well

Forum Phoenix

Personally think it’s a great signing. And a very good sign of the clubs continued growth. We work with so many youth and are a selling club. The stronger our core apparatus is, the better chance we have of sustaining that production line (must take a hell of a lot of work behind the scenes) and never becoming so dire that members quit.

JoyfulPenguin

Personally think it’s a great signing. And a very good sign of the clubs continued growth. We work with so many youth and are a selling club. The stronger our core apparatus is, the better chance we have of sustaining that production line (must take a hell of a lot of work behind the scenes) and never becoming so dire that members quit.
It's good to see that we are on good terms with former players, even those who didn't play quite to their full potential when they were here.

After spending most of his career in the Bundesliga Nicolai would no doubt have a number of German connections as well, should hopefully help with visa recruitment.

midfielder

For me its a +++++++++ appointment.

First he brings a huge Football pedigree,

Second I can only assume he has overseas contacts most clubs would dream of, and the advantageous stemming from this are many, including player sales, possible visa transfers.

Third, coming thu the academy, and already with knowledge of the area and staff, he has the potential to develop into a first team coach, remember it was mooted some time ago that our future coach would come thu the academy as they would have an understanding of who to bring up etc

Fourth, its a name that the media in general understand.

I guess there are more, but overall I see it as a very sensible appointment....

FFC Mariner

How do we know he isnt working for virtually nothing to get experience while he earns his badges and learns from the best in the country?
I imagine loads of coaches will want to learn from us.
He can then pass his experience on to our younger players.
May also have european contacts.
Good signing

Wombat

Recky and I met the man and we both thought he was a sausage short of a BBQ.....it might have been his crazy haircut on the day or his weird Teutonic sense of humour. Sadly his performances were way below his confidence level......but i could see a very smart Footballer in a body that could no longer cash the cheques.
If Monty backs him then he is a good appointment in my book.

style_cafe

Recky and I met the man and we both thought he was a sausage short of a BBQ.....it might have been his crazy haircut on the day or his weird Teutonic sense of humour. Sadly his performances were way below his confidence level......but i could see a very smart Footballer in a body that could no longer cash the cheques.
If Monty backs him then he is a good appointment in my book.
German people aren’t really noted for their sense of humour( other than Sgt Shultz) but yes I’m with you when it comes to Montys judgement

Allreet?

German people aren’t really noted for their sense of humour( other than Sgt Shultz) but yes I’m with you when it comes to Montys judgement
I think that's a bit of a myth. They find different things funny... or express their humour differently.

Having said that, a colleague told me the story of how she'd been on a cruise ship and an announcement had been made to the passengers involving some inconvenience. Apparently a German passenger made a suggestion which would have further restricted the passengers and someone else remarked: "Typical bloody German."

To which the fellow exploded in anger and shouted: "It's got nothing to do with being German! It's about obedience to the rules!"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred