• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Huddo

Although I think Silvera can excel in Europe, he needs to find a team that can distribute, Heart looked particularly bad at controlling the 2nd third last year.

Just look at Garang. he was forced to drop extremely deep just to pick up the ball when he wished to attack last year, because distribution was non-existent.

I'm not saying Silvera doesn't have the quality to attack from deep, it's just it should be an option, not the norm.

Ironbark

He's always going to be a CCM hero for mine.

But I genuinely don't think he'll be back. In 2 years he'll have other options, and dropping the money so much would be hard. Also there is next to zero chance, IMO, that Monty will be here then. I'd think he'd be more inclined to rejoin Monty than CCM, but you never know, he does seem to love living here

Tevor

But I genuinely don't think he'll be back. In 2 years he'll have other options, and dropping the money so much would be hard. Also there is next to zero chance, IMO, that Monty will be here then. I'd think he'd be more inclined to rejoin Monty than CCM, but you never know, he does seem to love living here
He may have very few options after two seasons jogging around in that league. Haven't seen many go to India and come out better, just older and slower. Agree on your Monty view point.

Michael

I feel as though Monty’s family will have the biggest say on whether or not they’ll be on the coast or overseas in 2 years time.

crock

Tbh i would love to see Cummings return down track but realistically that may not happen im not even sure we will see Cummings back in aleague tbh

Ironbark

I feel as though Monty’s family will have the biggest say on whether or not they’ll be on the coast or overseas in 2 years time.
It'll depend on the option. He's been very open about wanting to coach at the highest level, and in wanting to to coach Sheffield one day.

I personally think he is better off here for another year first either way...we are definitely better off the longer he stays

Tevor

It'll depend on the option. He's been very open about wanting to coach at the highest level, and in wanting to to coach Sheffield one day.

I personally think he is better off here for another year first either way...we are definitely better off the longer he stays
We will have him for more than a year IMO. Look how long it took Ange to finally get a crack at a top league and to be honest how Ange goes may very well influence what eventually happens. If Ange tanks at Spurs then Aussie managers are on the scrap heap again, if Ange does well then it may change perceptions a little. You need to be tried and tested before walking into a top league, Ange had to succeed here, national level, Japan and then Scotland and many are still questioning his appointment.

Mont has only two years under his belt and one successful year in Oz. I very much doubt he is walking into a top league any time soon. First he needs to build a dynasty in the A League like Ange did. Why take off now to another country and league he is not familiar with nor does he have the youth he wants coming through the ranks.

We are jumping at shadows that all the good players and our very good coaching team and going to leave this off season or the next 12 months for better options. I don't think we need to be so scared of the shadows.

yellowcake

For starters, GF hatty which set a new season goals record for the club is a tough act of heroism to follow!

I was a bit more disturbed when Monty and Cummings joined the panel post-match, where Monty quipped something "he'll probably come back as a marquee and we won't be able to afford him". I'd be devastated to see him in another A-league shirt. Hopefully the Coast vibe, 'Our Paradise', the club's culture and he (and Hannah's) love of living at Terrigal will be enough to sway him because there'll be better payday offers.

Ironbark

We will have him for more than a year IMO. Look how long it took Ange to finally get a crack at a top league and to be honest how Ange goes may very well influence what eventually happens. If Ange tanks at Spurs then Aussie managers are on the scrap heap again, if Ange does well then it may change perceptions a little. You need to be tried and tested before walking into a top league, Ange had to succeed here, national level, Japan and then Scotland and many are still questioning his appointment.

Mont has only two years under his belt and one successful year in Oz. I very much doubt he is walking into a top league any time soon. First he needs to build a dynasty in the A League like Ange did. Why take off now to another country and league he is not familiar with nor does he have the youth he wants coming through the ranks.

We are jumping at shadows that all the good players and our very good coaching team and going to leave this off season or the next 12 months for better options. I don't think we need to be so scared of the shadows.
My point was simply that I expect him to stay another year, but when the right strategic move comes along he'll be taking it because his ambition is well documented.

I know from someone within the club that he already has some pretty lucrative offers in front of him, including from other ALeague clubs. One of those would make him the highest paid manager in the league. But as far as I know he's not taking it.

To be honest another year like this one and the offers will grow. Sergio has some solid contacts so there are more options for the pair than just Scotland or similar I'd imagine

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred