• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

turbo

Given we’ve signed mauragis, smiths spot is in jeopardy if fazz doesn’t leave.
I would imagine if that doesn’t eventuate Mauragis may fall in to a wing role like Doka did when Storm was performing and keeping his spot. Even if it’s just bench rotation it keeps him fit and contributing.

Smith I would imagine is relatively cheap and appears to be a good character in the sheds. Could do worse for a backup player.
Doka had a poor GF as RM. We played him further up the park out of neccesity but i would expect him to go back to FB.
we would need to recruit someone pretty decent to push Storm to the bench. At the moment (or in the near future pending departures) I think we have bigger gaps to address. Hard to judge Doka off one performance where the whole squad wasn’t attacking for 60ish minutes. He’s done some great work at RM.

pjennings

I would imagine if that doesn’t eventuate Mauragis may fall in to a wing role like Doka did when Storm was performing and keeping his spot. Even if it’s just bench rotation it keeps him fit and contributing.

If Faz is still here he may move into LCB as Monty saw him

FFC Mariner

I thought both Storm and Doka had poor games. If anything Doka seemed to be trying "too hard" (if that makes sense). His set piece delivery was poor too.
Theo had his 3rd poor game on the spin. Nerves or facing quality?
This placed incredible pressure on the midfield 3 and it wasn't until Ronny came on and Doka dropped back that Niz could play.
Rest is history

some guy

I thought both Storm and Doka had poor games. If anything Doka seemed to be trying "too hard" (if that makes sense). His set piece delivery was poor too.
This placed incredible pressure on the midfield 3 and it wasn't until Ronny came on and Doka dropped back that Niz could play.
Rest is history
Agree - and probably due to Arzani, Farrell also stayed deep and played more like a 3rd CB than LB for a lot of the game. Meant that the right side was asked to do a lot more of the attacking - but as you say, wasn’t their best night for whatever reason.

turbo

Feels like the occasion got to him a bit. Probably more so in a don't get sent off or lose the ball in a key area and ruin this for the boys kind of way but that's just put him back in his shell and made him less effective. From memory he was looking good and covering Torres absence well prior to finals. I'm still not convinced of his starting credentials next season particularly after the finals, was coming around before hand.

Spacks

Agree - and probably due to Arzani, Farrell also stayed deep and played more like a 3rd CB than LB for a lot of the game. Meant that the right side was asked to do a lot more of the attacking - but as you say, wasn’t their best night for whatever reason.
I thought we primarily attacked down our left side with theo. and Faz when in possession was a 3rd CB. We played a 3-5-2 in possession.

Michael

This placed incredible pressure on the midfield
Storm did have a few nervy give aways, but so did others, that happens when a team parks the bus. You tend to force things. Doka was definitely quiet they seemed to smother him a lot.
This is where opinions are funny, I actually thought theo was our best outlet when we were under the pump in the first half.

It’s all academical at this point, we f**king won and I’ve got quite the pep in my step on this Monday.

Tevor

Storm did have a few nervy give aways, but so did others, that happens when a team parks the bus. You tend to force things. Doka was definitely quiet they seemed to smother him a lot.
This is where opinions are funny, I actually thought theo was our best outlet when we were under the pump in the first half.

It’s all academical at this point, we f**king won and I’ve got quite the pep in my step on this Monday.
Yeah I’m with you, Doka was clearly seen as a threat and had three on him very quickly when he received the ball and both he and Storm struggled a bit under that pressure. I also thought Theo played well, he is a handful and creates havoc which is what we need. He gave Traore a hard time which stopped him attacking.

pjennings

Yeah I’m with you, Doka was clearly seen as a threat and had three on him very quickly when he received the ball and both he and Storm struggled a bit under that pressure. I also thought Theo played well, he is a handful and creates havoc which is what we need. He gave Traore a hard time which stopped him attacking.
I think Theo has come along leaps and bounds. Comparing him and Arzani - they both in the past would be beaten by an attacker and leave it up to the defence. Now they both track back and get stuck in. He has lost a lot of weight and cur down on the needless stepovers. My only concern on him is a small lack of pace. I think Di Pizio worries defenders more because of his extra pace.

Spacks

My only concern on him is a small lack of pace. I think Di Pizio worries defenders more because of his extra pace.

I thought the same but I think he's been holding himself back a little to save stamina/energy so he can be on the field longer. There were 2 instances where the 1st I was like "Theo, how the f**k have you slowed down" and then a couple of minutes later he went full throttle.

Coastalraider

I don’t think Theo is a starting quality player, he just played there out of necessity. I think Di Piz is already at a higher quality in everything he does, Jacko hinted he nearly started him, but he’s only 18 and isn’t a 90 minute player yet.

With another offseason (presuming everyone is still here) I’d whack money on Di Piz being above Theo in the pecking order next year.

style_cafe

I think Theo has come along leaps and bounds. Comparing him and Arzani - they both in the past would be beaten by an attacker and leave it up to the defence. Now they both track back and get stuck in. He has lost a lot of weight and cur down on the needless stepovers. My only concern on him is a small lack of pace. I think Di Pizio worries defenders more because of his extra pace.
Theo is faster than most people think he is…

FFC Mariner

I don’t think Theo is a starting quality player, he just played there out of necessity. I think Di Piz is already at a higher quality in everything he does, Jacko hinted he nearly started him, but he’s only 18 and isn’t a 90 minute player yet.

With another offseason (presuming everyone is still here) I’d whack money on Di Piz being above Theo in the pecking order next year.
MDP staying now? Has that been sorted?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred