• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Ironbark

We're a pretty good option for a decent player who's career has stalled a bit.

We can now point to regular recent form in launching players into quality teams and paydays with a standout season or two with us. Could be attractive to a number of players. Spending a season or 2 in paradise while you do it doesn't hurt as a sweetener either

FFC Mariner

Plenty of good players that fit that profile. Not all - but plenty with what would be considered better careers but have got to their level. The right player could shine here without paying overs
Like who for example? I'd be surprised if Tulios wages will all be spent and Faz's wont be too much especially as we wont have a fit LB at the club.
That will be the gaping squad hole if he goes.

pjennings

Like who for example? I'd be surprised if Tulios wages will all be spent and Faz's wont be too much especially as we wont have a fit LB at the club.
That will be the gaping squad hole if he goes.
Jason Joined us at 26 having played on 23/1/22 valued at 400,000 Euros. He left on 1/7/2023 valued at 1.2m Euros.

In the half season before joining us he played 14 games for 3 goals and 0 assists. His record at different levels

Scottish----------14 3 0
Championship---14 1 0
League 1---------62 11 8

A similar example Stephen Humphrys is currently 26 as is valued at 500,000 Euros. In the season so far he has played last 24 games for 7 goals and 3 assists playing predominantly as a RW where Tulio has been playing recently (12 games 6 goals 3 assists)

His record at different levels

Scottish----------18 3 0
Championship---2 0 0
League 1---------168 41 8

His current wage is around $7000 a week so over 2 1/2 years would be around $868,000 or slightly less than Tulio would have been on. Assume we sell after 1 1/2 years that salary cost would go down to just over $500,000. Even if we sold him after 1 1/2 years at his current 500,000 Euros he would fetch over $800,000. If he has a good run like Jason his value may well double.

I'm not saying he is likely but he is a similar type player who probably is less one footed. with very similar stats

FFC Mariner

Tulio was on far (far far far) less than that. We are struggling to pay the bills today - punts on future transfer income are unrealistic. Smart but unrealistic.

priorpeter

Don’t understand this obsession with signing a striker. Alou’s starting to recapture some form, now averaging a goal every 138 mins roughly. By comparison, Cummings averaged 1 every 113 mins (including the GF hattrick) last season. Between Alou and Jing, I think we’re ok up there.
I’d be more far more focused on adding a LB.

Last edited:

Ironbark

Faz getting the pre-game interview struck me as preparation for him in the media before he goes. We are, of course, all just assuming it's him at this stage, but both he and Niz would deserve the step up.

It'll hurt our season a lot if we lose both and Tulio. But it is looking like we'll lose at least 2 out of the 3.

Ads

It is coming to a bit of a point where it’s a fine line with the burst of player sales.

If Tulio & Faz go and results drop and by end of season we are bottom 3 then we may loose a lot of the power to ask for the best price.

Good players can still stand out in a poor performing team but you can see obviously it’s a lot easier to sell these young players if you have a winning team.

So I’m a way we do need to keep spending money to make money. Haha

Keep investing in ‘stock’ but in this case the stock is the experienced players and visa’s to surround the young guns and in a way make them look good by getting wins on the board.

Hopefully Theo & Dipizo seamlessly fill the gap from Tulio and we can plug the left back hole until Steele back.

Mcgarry home sick yet?
Miller for Faz swap?

Interesting 2/3 weeks ahead.

Huddo

Jason Joined us at 26 having played on 23/1/22 valued at 400,000 Euros. He left on 1/7/2023 valued at 1.2m Euros.

In the half season before joining us he played 14 games for 3 goals and 0 assists. His record at different levels

Scottish----------14 3 0
Championship---14 1 0
League 1---------62 11 8

A similar example Stephen Humphrys is currently 26 as is valued at 500,000 Euros. In the season so far he has played last 24 games for 7 goals and 3 assists playing predominantly as a RW where Tulio has been playing recently (12 games 6 goals 3 assists)

His record at different levels

Scottish----------18 3 0
Championship---2 0 0
League 1---------168 41 8

His current wage is around $7000 a week so over 2 1/2 years would be around $868,000 or slightly less than Tulio would have been on. Assume we sell after 1 1/2 years that salary cost would go down to just over $500,000. Even if we sold him after 1 1/2 years at his current 500,000 Euros he would fetch over $800,000. If he has a good run like Jason his value may well double.

I'm not saying he is likely but he is a similar type player who probably is less one footed. with very similar stats

Humphrys couldn't polish Tulio's boot.

Been watching Heart since Rowles went there, Humphrys eye is no-where near as good as Cummings.

Corsair

Don’t understand this obsession with signing a striker. Alou’s starting to recapture some form, now averaging a goal every 138 mins roughly. By comparison, Cummings averaged 1 every 113 mins (including the GF hattrick) last season. Between Alou and Jing, I think we’re ok up there.
I’d be more far more focused on adding a LB.
Very much respect your opinions PP in general, I've been surprised though that it's come over as there won't be much impact from Tulio leaving and not much of a need to replace him. It seems like the opinion is his contribution will be absorbed by the rest of the squad without much impact at all. I just can't see that being the case, unless you know about an incoming player that we don't that's going to bridge a gap....

We're losing a key player who scores goals, there must be something in the wings we don't know about...I hope so.

I really think people have underestimated the hole he's going to leave. Anyway just an opinion...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred