• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
We know we've lost Tulio but I do think we can absorb it. I worried when we lost Garang where those extra goals would come from and we found them.

More concerned now if Niz and Faz go as well. Lose all three and I have serious concerns.
Happy for them both to move on to bigger and better things in the off season when we can recruit and have a pre season...but now would be a heavy blow
hush, dont give Dick any ideas

Michael

I was pretty confident in having no concerns about Fazz leaving, glen lauders sideline comments do bring some concern…. Just because I have doubts about Noah Smiths defensive abilities, he’s fine getting forward but yeah… and who’s the next in line academy LB?

I’d also forgotten Max and Niz are off contract at seasons end… although the club is currently being quite proactive on the contract front. So I have strong faith they’ll be extended very soon. I could be wrong but I believe both those boys wouldn’t go to another aleague side. Only overseas as their next step, they’re both exceptional footballers.

Michael

Based on those comments I wouldn’t be surprised if he is gone this month. I’ve heard there’s a number clubs interested including one from the Uk.
Yeah look, he’s obviously good enough. He’s improved drastically with his final pass/cross and just more composed driving forward.
His defensive side was always up to snuff.
So many of us just figured his extreme introvert personality would keep him at home and happy for a longer time. But if you think about it, he’s come out of his shell on the pitch this season..

Coastalraider

Nit to mention the additional load. I’d be super super suprised if his strain earlier in the year wasn’t directly related to the additional physical load he was under running keeper sessions - imagine the additional shots on goal required to train to additional keepers.

Insertnamehere

It’s a difficult job trying to concentrate on coaching and playing. Even more so at the elite level.

There is a reason why player/coaches are so few and far between in professional set ups. If you are focused on playing you aren’t doing the coaching role properly and if you are concentrated on coaching it will impact playing performance.
Surely if Max can do a double degree, Danny can plan training sessions.

Stuartmcateer

Surely if Max can do a double degree, Danny can plan training sessions.
It’s the physical load.

I don’t think max spent a lot of time running around when he was in the law lectures.

And I have a double degree and I’m not very smart so let’s not pretend they are overly difficult to get ?.

Last edited:

Insertnamehere

It’s the physical load.

I don’t think max spent a lot of time running around when he was in the law lectures.

And I have a double degree and I’m not very smart so let’s not pretend they are overly difficult to get ?.
Physical load of planning a session? I would imagine its the same running around as being in lectures.

Stuartmcateer

Physical load of planning a session? I would imagine its the same running around as being in lectures.
It’s not just the planning. Do you really think all Miguel did was write up a few session plans?

It’s the involvement in the sessions as both coach and keeper. Plus doing the extra sessions with the younger keepers to develop them. And the clinics and overseeing the academy goalkeeping program.

Add to it all the fact that most gk coaches, as well as doing analysis on their own keepers and performance, they do analysis on opposing keepers - things like starting positions, how they come out for crosses, do they go down early or do they stay upright as long as possible in 1v1 etc.

That chip from tulio against the jets last year - I would bet there was some analysis input from Miguel that alerted him to be looking for it based on where the keeper was positioned.

As well as the outside game stuff, the good ones are on the iPad doing it in game and giving real time feedback to players and coaches. There is no way he can do that to any level of quality while focusing on play going on in front of him.

Sure he could plan sessions easily, but gk coaching these days is more than just a few handling drills and standing them in goals while the team does shooting practice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred