• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

Meerkat

Could have been worse mate, you could have been in the stadium to witness that shitshow first hand……. :mad:
Yup. I think what was worse was that the crowd vibe (all 1300 of us) was great to begin with. So much anticipation and it was a horrific let down.

What do you say.

Back to “I can’t see this getting better.” Only highlights were Di Pizio and Reec at least tried.

Won’t be enough for a season.

Huddo

Questions have to be asked about Jackson off that.

•There didn't seem to be any attempts to break down their formation
•MJ is now 10 straight without a clean sheet (that includes conceding in every afc match so far).
•Where is out creativity coming from in the centre of the park with tulio supposedly playing striker
•How has this striking issue not been remedied?.
•Are Torres and Tulio untouchable?

Ancient Mariner

A frustrating game with poor finishing.
The players as individuals did not perform as badly as many posting here suggest, mind you the majority seemed to work hard but without a plan and hence played poorly.

They had no idea how to break down the defence and tried to do it as individuals or with crosses that no one had the skill to make. In attack they haven't got a clue about combining and playing as a team.
They look like a bunch who have never played together before. Far too much one out.
I am starting to worry about the attack at all costs style which seems to be just a strategy to swarm the defence with no attention to detail.

I am afraid I am starting to doubt the coach's abilities. I think my finger may be closer to the panic button than Pete's.

priorpeter

That. Was. Infuriating. Should have been 3 up at HT but for our profligacy in the final third. Wasteful crossing, spurned big chances, and a distinct lack of energy in the second half. Now needlessly under pressure for matchweek 6 in immensely tough conditions - people underestimate how hard it is to perform away against opposition like Bali, Stallion, Terengganu et al.

turbo

Questions have to be asked about Jackson off that.

•There didn't seem to be any attempts to break down their formation
•MJ is now 10 straight without a clean sheet (that includes conceding in every afc match so far).
•Where is out creativity coming from in the centre of the park with tulio supposedly playing striker
How has this striking issue not been remedied?.
•Are Torres and Tulio untouchable?
And how do you not bring intensity against such a depleted side? I know it was a short turnaround but we way we played suited them and use of the bench was criminal.
- Storm off for Doka yielded little impact, maybe get the fresh legs on further up the pitch. Single sub in that window felt like a miss to me.
- Last subs left too late.
- No DWH, Duarte, Tapp or others despite only making 4 changes and some clearly cooked attackers.

Wombat

Definately our worst performance of the season. Normally solid players like Storm and Maxy were poor tonight.

Koul and Wilson both missing a sitter after 1 minute was so costly. Reece's header wide when it would have been easier to score was also heart breaking.

Their keeper was excellent. We were a bit unlucky tbh but gosh we are toothless upfront.

Storm's totally silly conceeding of the corner killed us but the other backs and keeper should have been talking to him.

Hall, Kaltak, Niz and Farrell all got pass marks. Everyone else got a FAIL.

midfielder

I was sitting 20 feet from Wilson in the first half, he didn't have a poor game, probably.could have ran it more, delivered a cross better, but who in the last 2 years has been able to cross the ball from the Mariners.

Vast improvement in one touch, movement off the ball, strong defensive effort, honestly for a 21 year old that was NPL3 level 2 weeks ago, massive improvements
agree 100% sad roughly the same distance ....

Corsair

Wilson's an empty shirt again tonight.
I don't like to bash him but he looked like a little lost sheep tonight. No vision, no anticipation, no idea about positioning. Unfortunately far from A-league quality and I can't see him improving quickly enough to warrant a starting spot.

Our troubles are simple though, insufficient quality squad depth. Whole team looked tired and beaten down tonight. If we keep caning the same starting 11 we're going to see injuries.

Last edited:

midfielder

This I think explains Torres......

From tonight with roughly 15 to 20 minutes to go.

Ball is on the edge of the box left side of the ground, Farrell, Theo are working a move with Torres.... its fast and quick feet by all.... Farrell toe pokes a simple touch to Torres who back to goals and facing the stadium drops his shoulder and rounds his marker he is roughly and and a half meters off the goal line and then breaks to the goal line for space....

By now Torres is roughly half a meter off the goal line and about seven meters from the goal and moving quickly... he has three players streaming through on goal all unmarked... a quick pass and its 95% or higher a goal... instead he has a shot hits the side netting about a meter high and about one and a half meters from the post...

Near impossible angle to shot and still had to beat the keeper standing on his post... with three unmarked players streaming into scoring positions...

Corsair

The one positive is Hally seems to be benefiting greatly from having Kaltak and Roux at his sides. Long may it continue. He has really surprised me so far.

You can't treat your fans to this sort of display. I really wanted us to stick it to these cheating smug pricks and we didn't turn up.

I'm not surprised Tulio struggled given the massive shift on the weekend.

I think Tulio and Torres would both benefit from the other not being on the pitch at the same time for a few games.

We better be on our game and show effort for the Stallions game. It's going to be stinking hot and we're playing on Astro turf, which their players are well accustomed to. It ain't gonna be a 9-1 drubbing and is now a must win.

Side note: Top of the AFC group table. A win against Stallions sees us go through.

Last edited:

sydmariner

The one positive is Hally seems to be benefiting greatly from having Kaltak and Roux at his sides. Long may it continue. He has really surprised me so far.

You can't treat your fans to this sort of display. I really wanted us to stick it to these cheating smug pricks and we didn't turn up.

I'm not surprised Tulio struggled given the massive shift on the weekend.

I think Tulio and Torres would both benefit from the other not being on the pitch at the same time for a few games.

I've dropped a lot of cash on the Filo trip, we better be on our game and show effort for that. It's going to be stinking hot and we're playing on Astro turf, which their players are well accustomed to. It ain't gonna be a 9-1 drubbing and is now a must win.

Side note: Top of the AFC group table. A win against Stallions sees us go through.
So its’ only top of the group that goes through not the top 2.

Neilmcloudy

My observation of our play this year is we don't seem to have a flow... its more players doing one off things....

BTW their goal was on Danny, the corner seem to go in from the corner taker.... they are always a keepers ball...
I have the feeling the players felt a 50% effort would be enough to win tonight, and 50% was all they gave. So unprofessional. They had the chance to score 3 quickly. Rest critical players ready for Sunday and send those needing game time in for the last cup game. I hope MJ rips them to shreds for their performance. Champions last year means nothing for the effort needed in every game. That was our low for the year, and it scares me that an attitude like that can quickly become blaming everyone and everything else for the slippery slide that can follow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred