• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

turbo

Di Pizzo looked great. Got in good spots and scored. He wasn’t much of a scorer in NPL but looks better with the step up where his quality has more quality players around him to open space. Was way way way more efficient than Wilson.
Why are you even putting the two together? One was playing on the wing and the other was up front. Dragging him in is just piling on for no reason. Far more expensive and senior players let us down much worse yet we keep coming back to the same whipping boy.

On the more recent 3-5-2 discussion it could be interesting but we're so short on cattle everywhere. Presumably our 3 CBs are then Kaltak, Hall and Paull? Doka and Storm could alternate on one side, Farrell and Smith (who I think LWB would suit more than normal LB) on the other. Won't help enough if we aren't prepared to drop attackers who arent performing and that was a major concern with Torres and Tulio both being left on last night.

Big Al

Why are you even putting the two together? One was playing on the wing and the other was up front. Dragging him in is just piling on for no reason. Far more expensive and senior players let us down much worse yet we keep coming back to the same whipping boy.

On the more recent 3-5-2 discussion it could be interesting but we're so short on cattle everywhere. Presumably our 3 CBs are then Kaltak, Hall and Paull? Doka and Storm could alternate on one side, Farrell and Smith (who I think LWB would suit more than normal LB) on the other. Won't help enough if we aren't prepared to drop attackers who arent performing and that was a major concern with Torres and Tulio both being left on last night.
He was the right winger just like Wilson. He just positioned himself in better spots than Wilson. He had the RB bombing on a bit more as well but he was still the RW with a different license sure.

Wilson was horrible. End of. I don’t dislike the kid it was just a bad performance and I thought that is more down to wilson needing to learn the position.

Wilson and is Torres are good at the press and I think that MJ likes both for this reason. Great effort. Torres in particular busted a gut getting back a couple of times

turbo

He was the right winger just like Wilson
He came on for Kuol in the same change as Theo which I believe pushed Torres to the right side and Di Pizio played as a forward.

The singled out criticism particularly last night doesn’t feel reasonable to me on a night where so many players let us down. Others aren’t being held to the same standard or receiving anywhere near the same negativity. Earlier in the season sure but he’s dealing with a reputation that’ll be hard to shake now.

Stuartmcateer

Probably the most worrying thing of the night was the fact that tulio was practically anonymous for the last 30 minutes. They panned the camera on him at about 85 minutes and it surprised the shit out of me because I swear he was subbed off earlier.

Big Al

He came on for Kuol in the same change as Theo which I believe pushed Torres to the right side and Di Pizio played as a forward.

The singled out criticism particularly last night doesn’t feel reasonable to me on a night where so many players let us down. Others aren’t being held to the same standard or receiving anywhere near the same negativity. Earlier in the season sure but he’s dealing with a reputation that’ll be hard to shake now.
Yeah was a double sub but Torres was then moved to the striker position but he drifted more left and i think Tulio was supposed to be central. Torres was definitely not RW. HE actually sat in some nice spots running between the CB and their RB just Theo was more interested in going wide to Farrell than splitting the defense with a ball to Torres. I think he even got through once or twice for shots at the score board.

Fair enough. But i think the criticism is about him playing that position which he has been ordinary in attack. Defense he has been hungry

Wombat

I'm not sure how much more of Doka we will see as Smith has a better engine.
Doka and DWH seem to be slipping down the pecking order

I think Doka is more likely to be looked after tbh. Smith and DWH BOTH had Barry's in the previous loss and a Coach doesn't forget that.
Doka has looked suspect defensively but might actually be a better option than Wilson or Torres (in current form) on the wing as he is sound going forward and is decent with a dead ball.

Corsair

Wilson has been moved from left to right into his natural position. He's better there but he doesn't anticipate and doesn't have the natural football instinct for movement of a front third player. This is not to say he's not trying and not to say he can't be trained and improve, he's still very young and I'm sure he will improve. However we are in dire straits and need someone that's ready not a project.

Given all that someone pointed out he was like the budgie...cheep and he's trying his best so we can't criticize him too much. He's taking an opportunity that's been presented, if we were undeservedly expecting more that's on us.

Neilmcloudy

Wilson has been moved from left to right into his natural position. He's better there but he doesn't anticipate and doesn't have the natural football instinct for movement of a front third player. This is not to say he's not trying and not to say he can't be trained and improve, he's still very young and I'm sure he will improve. However we are in dire straits and need someone that's ready not a project.

Given all that someone pointed out he was like the budgie...cheep and he's trying his best so we can't criticize him too much. He's taking an opportunity that's been presented, if we were undeservedly expecting more that's on us.
I don't have a football brain, I just look at the players, and how they fit with their team mates and I thought Wilson was better this week than in the past, he showed more confidence in his decisions, sure he is not setting the standards we want or making perfect choices we need yet, but I feel he will come good this year. Not going to burn him at the stake yet.

pjennings

I don't have a football brain, I just look at the players, and how they fit with their team mates and I thought Wilson was better this week than in the past, he showed more confidence in his decisions, sure he is not setting the standards we want or making perfect choices we need yet, but I feel he will come good this year. Not going to burn him at the stake yet.
You obviously do have a football brain. I look at Theo, who is technically far superior to Wilson, but his fit with his teammates is poor. When we need to break quickly he does four stepovers, when there is someone open in a better position he often ignores them and then loses the ball.

We have a lot of players that are not 'complete' footballers. A lot of them need work - that is up to MJ and his staff. Monty and Serge improved players, MJ and co have to do the same, but they also have to have the ruthless streak Monty had and make some tough decisions come January.

turbo

When we need to break quickly he does four stepovers, when there is someone open in a better position he often ignores them and then loses the ball.
When he doesn’t use an overlapping run by Farrell but also doesn't have a better, or even just another, pass lined up it really bugs me. Fine to ignore if you have an option but if you don’t then play the damn pass.

booney

The Bulls beat Shan United 4 nil in the match in Thailand so are well and truly top of their group and will go through to the next round.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred