• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

style_cafe

Im pretty disappointed not just by the score but generally by the negativity in the comments tonight.
Some of the comments aimed at the players and the coach were disgraceful and not what I expect of ‘fans’ forum. Someone mentioned the word ‘shithousery’ which is probably an apt description of some of the contributions tonight.

MikeyHundred

Im pretty disappointed not just by the score but generally by the negativity in the comments tonight.
Some of the comments aimed at the players and the coach were disgraceful and not what I expect of ‘fans’ forum. Someone mentioned the word ‘shithousery’ which is probably an apt description of some of the contributions tonight.
Yeah really wasn’t a fan of everyone ragging on Theo before he ran out.

I do wanna clarify when I said Farrell is a lord of sh*thousery it is a big compliment. I love to see it and he plays the villain so well.

Michael

That reminds me a lot of the whole cricket bazball narrative. Throwing everything at it can look nice but it ain’t it. Getting at least a point in a knockout competition is crucial. The difference between good teams and great teams are that great teams can grind out a win or a draw when they need it and not look good doing it. A good looking loss is worthless
I mean, you basically stated the obvious.
Take the positives in the loss, the boys created a freight ship worth of chances. When they’re fully match fit and sharp they will put them away. When they’re fully cohesive with each other and a coach that can implement his tactics, they score those chances.

So really, a good looking loss as you put it. Isn’t worthless. It has more worth than a bad looking loss. That wasn’t a bad looking loss.

marinermick

Why you'd start Wilson is anyone's guess.
Torres needs to learn to shoot.
Ballard out of position most of the first half, way too far forward.
Boys need to learn to head the ball.
No direction inside the box.

Cahn they go and try and find a proper coach now? (Pun well and truly intended)

Balard wasn’t out of position. We were playing with a diamond midfield. With Tulio dropping back there were also two tens and we were pushing extreme verticality often bypassing the midfield. Aside from finishing it probably worked. Biggest flaw was it was Maxy and he is so gun shy in the front third.

Tevor

I’m with Style and don’t get the negative comments. To me that was a better display than I expected and it is not panic stations in this comp, win our home games and pick some points up on the road and we will be right up there. Yes they were rusty but how many of that team have played many games in those conditions, you could see the pitch was also difficult with the ball getting stuck under people’s feet etc. We will put them to the sword at home, they would have been relieved to get away with that one and their fans knew that as well.

VonBowellski

Haven't seen the match yet but watched the highlights and read the commentary on here. Sounds like it was a good effort but just wasteful when it counted and a very unlucky OG right at half time. Second proper game in preseason and to go to Malaysia and come back with a draw, i would have been very happy. Unfortunate for Paull but that is the game we love.

Also a lot of hate for Theo but god damn he can hit a ball when he wants to (60th min) and the trickery to get between two players on the edge of the box was brilliant in the 77th min.

Ben10

On another night we win by 4. Thought we looked okay for one of our first hit outs of the year. Only change I'd make is Wilson off, Doka to RM, Storm to RB. Think Wilson has potential but isn't a starter yet and I recall him playing through the middle for Vuck so he might have been out of position too.

Torres looks very promising, just gotta find some shooting boots.

*EDIT: and shift Torres to LM

Last edited:

booney

It sucks to lose a competitive game but it was away in humid conditions.However lots of positives with many chances created but woeful shooting.

Shouldn 't be too hard on Paull,every defender has done that at least once in their career.Also young Wilson did look a bit lost but give him time.Theo does it for us well nourished guys -somehow he summons up enough to run at players and beat them.A defender's nightmare.Likewise Torres likes to take on players ,needs his shooting boots on.He could be the new Beni .

Vuka made one top save from that cracking shot by that lively left winger but was beaten for the thunderbolt which hit the post.Kuol should have done better with some good chances.I am not sure what Reec brings to the striking position apart from pace.

Doka looks lively though his crossing and free kicks were average at best.I thought Balard had a good game-he did look stuffed in the second half but in those conditions had to cover a lot of ground so no wonder.Tulio showed glimpses of his class butwas frustrated as the last passor or shot did not come off.

Wenzell-Hall caught off side a couple of times and was a bit unlucky as they were marginal calls.He does look very small,even compared to some of his Asian opponents.

I see Bali United won 5-2 against Stallion Laguna(a Laguna home game) so both those teams have goals in them.We should be able to beat all three at home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred