• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

Corsair

That performance makes me want to buy the home game AFC pass. We're going to demolish these AFC teams at home.

Annoying to lose but at this point, in these circumstances, it was great performance. We've got serious firepower up front, if they can gel we'll be a force to be reckoned with. The squad had Monty written all over it, raw with heaps of potential. We need a manager that can bring them on, I really hope we get one. Potential Champions side again with the right development.

I'll be there to shout for the team when these mfkers come to our paradise, it'll be a bloodbath.

Huddo

Why you'd start Wilson is anyone's guess.
Torres needs to learn to shoot.
Ballard out of position most of the first half, way too far forward.
Boys need to learn to head the ball.
No direction inside the box.

Cahn they go and try and find a proper coach now? (Pun well and truly intended)

Forum Phoenix

Why you'd start Wilson is anyone's guess.
Torres needs to learn to shoot.
Ballard out of position most of the first half, way too far forward.
Boys need to learn to head the ball.
No direction inside the box.

Cahn they go and try and find a proper coach now? (Pun well and truly intended)

Positives are we have plenty of talent. But need a coach who can tell where it lies and make it hum.

My biggest worry is that was a very frustrating game for a bunch of players who must be frustrated at losing their pre season games, frustrated at being knocked out of the cup, frustrated at losing sone of their friends and most of all frustrated at losing their coaches. That’s professional football. But it’s a lot. And the dressing room will really need Danny, Max and Storm to keep them together right now.

Michael

Threw the kitchen sink at them but wouldn’t go in. Absolutely no need to stress out over this result. Wasn’t as if we didn’t dominate and didn’t attack. I’d be fuming if it was a timid performance. Zero match sharpness in wild heat led to lethargy and lack of focus at crucial moments and the occasional wrong choice.
On another day those big chances go in.
2 weeks till the next match, 2 weeks fitter.

I rate Abbas but I struggle to understand how Wilson starts, he set the team up fine otherwise. The result is on the players. Theo nearly single handedly pulled us out of that. Torres looks the goods and WILL score goals. Trying not to be too harsh too early on jing, but he’s gonna have to show heaps more heaps soon.

Huddo

Positives is we have plenty of talent. But need a Bosch who can tell where it lies and make it hum.

My biggest worry is that was a very frustrating game for a bunch of players who must be frustrated at losing their pre season games, frustrated at being knocked out of the cup, frustrated at losing sone of their friends and most of all frustrated at losing their coaches. That’s professional football. But it’s a lot. And the dressing room will really need Danny, Max and Storm to keep them together right now.
It's why I don't understand why you start players like Torres and Wilson in these games

Huddo

Threw the kitchen sink at them but wouldn’t go in. Absolutely no need to stress out over this result. Wasn’t as if we didn’t dominate and didn’t attack. I’d be fuming if it was a timid performance. Zero match sharpness in wild heat led to lethargy and lack of focus at crucial moments and the occasional wrong choice.

I rate Abbas but I struggle to understand how Wilson starts, he set the team up fine otherwise. The result is on the players. Theo nearly single handedly pulled us out of that. Torres looks the goods and WILL score goals. Trying not to be too harsh too early on jing, but he’s gonna have to show heaps more heaps soon.
Won't go in if you don't aim at the goal.

MikeyHundred

That reminds me a lot of the whole cricket bazball narrative. Throwing everything at it can look nice but it ain’t it. Getting at least a point in a knockout competition is crucial. The difference between good teams and great teams are that great teams can grind out a win or a draw when they need it and not look good doing it. A good looking loss is worthless

Neilmcloudy

Positives are we have plenty of talent. But need a coach who can tell where it lies and make it hum.

Thanks all for the updates, gave me some feeling of connection to the team. In Corfu without the chance to stream. Sounds like a frustrating game but plenty of positives.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred