• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

pjennings

Borello should never play for Aus again. What a waste. Cumdog would have put that in with his eyes shut and standing on his head. Toure would have been a better choice to replace Duke.
Arnold will regret not selecting goal scorers up front when it comes to Asian qualifiers
Very good performance - but there were probably 6 or 7 very clear chances. We need to be putting them away.

pjennings

Squad for November needs a few younger faces but still with plenty of old hands. We need to freshen the squad before 2026.

Behich, Goodwin, Duke, Leckie, Luongo, Wright, Irvine, Boyle, Taggart, Redmayne are relatively recent or current Socceroos will be 33-35 at the 2026 World Cup. Not all of them will make it.

Behich, Leckie, Taggart, Wright and Redmayne in particular I think we need to move on from.

pjennings

Another 46 million for 1 vote.

I’d rather they used the money to improve the game locally than embarrass ourselves again.
Fair point - but a one-off $46million does not give us better (larger) rectangular stadiums in Melbourne and Adelaide. Get the commitment to build first and then pull out before 31/10/2024

Last edited:

scottmac

Suspended
Stop raining on my parade. 2034 is the only shot I will have to a home World Cup!!! I can't see myself rocking up at 90 for a later one!!
Well we just had one and honestly it's the only one we'll get for the next 16yrs at least after the AFC got behind the Saudi's. The only way I would put funding behind that is if we got all the other confederations to back us before we bid.

booney

With the stupid decision to increase the number of WC final teams to 48 I would not care if Australia did not even try to bid .Even if we had a joint bid with Indonesia and /or the Kiwis I think money,time and effort would be better spent on the grass roots and also trying to involve Aboriginal kids in the game.

pjennings

AFC preferred candidate and bid deadline of 31/10.

It will all be over before Danny gets in the door to be able to jinx it.
Seemingly back on.

https://madrastribune.com/2023/10/2...onesia-about-possible-bid-for-2034-world-cup/

The AFC president has said it personally without consultation. Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore said they backed the Saudi bid. Now Indonesia are saying they are having ongoing discussions about cohosting with us. We as part of the AFC have not said we support the Saudi bid. Don't the FIFA congress make the decision since the Qatar decision - 210-220 delegates.

31/10/2023 is only to confirm that you are a confirmed bidder. You can pull out before 31/10/2024 and join or add other countries to your bid until then.

If so Saudi Arabia would expect the following votes
Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, Iran, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, UAE, Yemen

Australia would expect
American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Tonga, Vanuatu, Australia, Indonesia

That leaves around 180 votes up for grabs.

Assuming a point of difference is delivering a Mens World Cup to the OFC which will never get one on its own I think we would find NZ in the bid as well. Then there are 9 existing rectangular stadiums we could use. Football is established in the Middle East and they just had the Qatar World Cup. A joint ASEAN/OFC bid opens up new frontiers for football. The ASEAN and Oceania areas have a population of around 700 million people. Singapore, Perth, China and India are all relatively close in time zones so catering for another 3 billion people in terms of viewing. With a 5 hour time difference between Singapore and Auckland times could also be staggered to cater for Europe and the Americas.

Singapore National
National Stadium
Jakarta International Stadium
Stadion Gelora Bung Tomo
Eden Park
Perth
Lang Park
Homebush
SFS

plus Adelaide Oval.

The upgrade planned for our previous bid for Newcastle would take us to 11. Temp stands in Townsville would take it to 12. An larger than planned new Canberra Stadium would take it 13 ($700m already committed). Then we need a Melbourne option. I would want the MRS extended to 45,000 but more likely to be MCG in spite of AFL protests.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred