• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

turbo

i don't rate agostino and woods better than him
No he isn’t. Daggers has more runs on the board in all areas - more starting minutes, more goals and assists, now playing regularly OS, previously included in youth NT setups. Though daggers is 4.5 years older so wood may be able to bridge the gap. Bench warming at Sydney in perpetuity won’t help.

I’m not sold on him being the answer but I don’t think there’s any objective measure you could put wood in front of daggers. I would suggest if his form continues Borrello is more likely the like for like replacement for Duke and he’ll only turn 31 at the next World Cup so he isn’t too old. We need to involve younger players in the build up too but that’s the best option I see right now.

booney

I agree that neither Gauci or Glover are top level at this stage but they have time on their side( though Glover will need game time in the Championship).AMB looks the most likely of that trio at this stage and hopefully in a few years Pavlesic will be a contender.Bilokapic is a big unit but I am not convinced he is better than AMB or Gauci.

Allreet?

I would've rated Gauci the best of the AL keepers last year. Haven't really seen AMB in action - not recently at any rate.

booney

Great to see Silvera make his debut.He came on when the Mexicans were on top so had little opportunity to demonstrate his attacking prowess.

When he came back to the Mariners I was dubious about the decision but happy to have been proved wrong.

booney

Like others I am not a fan of Woods.D'agostino deserves to be the front runner to take over from Duke though Borello is in the mix.Let's hope Alou has a big year and also a certain player in India.Noah Botic also has the potential to develop as a top striker.
Yengi is another young player who needs to be looked at -strong and quick .He is often played wide but I feel is better suited to central striker..

Insertnamehere

Like others I am not a fan of Woods.D'agostino deserves to be the front runner to take over from Duke though Borello is in the mix.Let's hope Alou has a big year and also a certain player in India.Noah Botic also has the potential to develop as a top striker.
Yengi is another young player who needs to be looked at -strong and quick .He is often played wide but I feel is better suited to central striker..
I think if Alou has a big year he skips D'Ag. Alou fits the GA forward mould better. Big, Tall, Quick.

Though Yengi has been surprising at Portsmouth and is the GA forward.

Tevor

Yengi just needs to focus his energy and power in the right way and he could be anything. I see some attitude in him however I feel that he still has some maturing to do. I wish him well and glad his is no longer with the wee irishman as he didn't improve at the drive byes. If he gets a good manager who can harness him properly look out. A bit like Irankunda, has a lot of growing up to do and will either be a world beater or be on the A League recycle band wagon. Same with Garang, did he go too early. At least he is playing more now than at Hearts.

Agree Alou needs a big year, not sure how no Monty and Serg impacts his development. Time will tell.

pjennings

Yengi just needs to focus his energy and power in the right way and he could be anything. I see some attitude in him however I feel that he still has some maturing to do. I wish him well and glad his is no longer with the wee irishman as he didn't improve at the drive byes. If he gets a good manager who can harness him properly look out. A bit like Irankunda, has a lot of growing up to do and will either be a world beater or be on the A League recycle band wagon. Same with Garang, did he go too early. At least he is playing more now than at Hearts.

Agree Alou needs a big year, not sure how no Monty and Serg impacts his development. Time will tell.
I bet he wouldn't mind being at HIBS now

true believer

No he isn’t. Daggers has more runs on the board in all areas - more starting minutes, more goals and assists, now playing regularly OS, previously included in youth NT setups. Though daggers is 4.5 years older so wood may be able to bridge the gap. Bench warming at Sydney in perpetuity won’t help.

I’m not sold on him being the answer but I don’t think there’s any objective measure you could put wood in front of daggers. I would suggest if his form continues Borrello is more likely the like for like replacement for Duke and he’ll only turn 31 at the next World Cup so he isn’t too old. We need to involve younger players in the build up too but that’s the best option I see right now.
shite i'd even take locke rose over agastino

Insertnamehere

U23's
FMD you wouldn't want Vidmar anywhere near your club.
You think Okonball was dire.
His football is eye cancerous. This group of kids going backwards
Curriculum ball really doesn't suit most teams and coaches. I guess its fine at grass roots where results dont count till u13 or something like that but you're also stifling creativity. Part of the problem with our footballers is we need a structured style because we've stifled creativity out of them but its a self fulfilling problem.

In saying that, I watched a break down of postecoglu spurs and its a super rigid structure that looks fluid and creative.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred