• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Our Beloved Monty

crock

Am I the only one who thinks this is a step backwards for Monty? He won't win anything there.... Won't build a legacy and definitely won't be his pathway to the EPL
I agreed wont be suprised if we see him back in aleague in 6 months probably at another aleague club though

Forum Phoenix

Loyalty is a subjective term. Taking it personally isn’t accurate. The bottom line is, people have loyalty to a brand for 1 of 2 reasons. Either they have a human connection to the brand (even ethically or morally/ it aligns with their values if no direct relationship) and / or they like the performance of the brand. In both cases here, that’s about to be challenged if Mont does go.

For those in the latter, customers (fans) or sponsors will have signed up to the season expecting a product. Absolutely you can’t guarantee or even expect the same success of last year to be replicated. But you have to think with Mont and Serg at the wheel we will at least stay contenders. No secret they are under contract.there is an expectation.

Suddenly, those who had stars in their eyes and most of us with visions of at least a decent run in the AFC Cup and a decent season, have the rug pulled out.

Yep, absolutely most of US will hang in there and wish Monty well and hope for the best. But time and money don’t come freely for most people and taking away the main cog in the wheel at this stage? With money already committed and people signed up? Sure. Can’t see anybody feeling screwed over. You have much better faith in human character than I do.

This is getting circular now and not sure what point you’re trying to argue with me. Losing your wonder coach will hurt you? No idea why you’re trying to debate this fact with me.

Also starting to put words in my mouth which I’m not a fan of. But anyway, if you don’t think saying I’m feeling screwed over and don’t feel I’m not getting my loyalty returned - is taking our coach getting overseas offers a bit personally, then we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Am I the only one who thinks this is a step backwards for Monty? He won't win anything there.... Won't build a legacy and definitely won't be his pathway to the EPL

I think he has to go. Money aside. Replicating last season would be a bit like expecting lightning to strike twice. Just too risky and needs to go while his stocks are high. A middling season in Japan or SPL wouldn’t really hurt him. But a middling season here and all his shine would quickly disappear. Sucks for us. Huge underdog tag it is again please.

Insertnamehere

I think he has to go. Money aside. Replicating last season would be a bit like expecting lightning to strike twice. Just too risky and needs to go while his stocks are high. A middling season in Japan or SPL wouldn’t really hurt him. But a middling season here and all his shine would quickly disappear,
Doesn't have to replicate. If he can craft a competitive team from young guys and scraps every year it shows reproducibility of a system.

Forum Phoenix

Doesn't have to replicate. If he can craft a competitive team from young guys and scraps every year it shows reproducibility of a system.

In the world of agents and football $$ his marketability is at an all time high right now. Odds are his stocks, barring a miracle second season, could only go down. I can’t see how his agent wouldn’t have been strongly making this point. And rightly so I’m afraid.

pjennings

In the world of agents and football $$ his marketability is at an all time high right now. Odds are his stocks, barring a miracle second season, could only go down. I can’t see how his agent wouldn’t have been strongly making this point. And rightly so I’m afraid.
I liked the comment - but it was more an agree. Wish we had that button back.

booney

If he goes to Hibs he would not be aiming to beat Celtic and Rangers to the title but being competitive against them ( and the Jam Tarts) would keep his stocks high.Possibly they could make a Scottish FA Cup final and that would definitely be an achievement.

With Jimmy Jeggo and Lewis Miller there as well as ALF Hibs are rivalling the Jambos as the Aussie go to club in Scotland.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred