• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Our Beloved Monty

Insertnamehere

I guess the next steps are:
Hibs make the announcement
CCM then post 97 facebook updates praising him.
Announcement of a worldwide search
Appointment of <INSERT NAME OF VERY CHEAP HASBEEN/FAILED NATIONAL TEAM DUD>
Season starts
Is MC back in charge? Aside from the ratboy saga, Dick has been pretty on the money.

FFC Mariner

The hell is the Ratboy saga?? I’ve been under a rock it seems.
The successful and popular NPL coach was shafted in favour of said Ratboy - turned into a car crash of epic proportions and he was eased out and replaced by the current NPL coach (Abbas) who turned everything around
There was talk of Dick trying to pick the side too but who knows

Roger the Cabin Boy

Wilkshire does have rat energy about him. What an offseason. We’ve got a decent squad, just pls pls pls get a good coach Chairman Peil ?
And he looks like Rat Boy.
iu

Attachments

• ratboy.jpg
    ratboy.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 2

midfielder

My reading of the tea leafs is from mid last season RP said Monty would go to Europe. It was a case of if not when.

I am assuming then RP had a plan in place and a short list for months.

The shortlist would have again assumptions been made with Shaun &. Matty & some others.

Assumption again, Monty told RP, over a week ago, so last week the plan was started and short listed folk phoned and evaluations are being made

Tevor

There is every chance that "Season starts" comes before "Appointment"
Agree, I get the feeling we were not prepared for Monty leaving so this may take some time. I'm wondering who will be caretaker for the AFC game in 9 days. Seen lots of leisure pics by players on socials lately so not sure how hard they are training. A poor performance in Malaysia for our first game will not be a great situation. This game is coming around way too fast, I'm really concerned about the mind set of the players and the pre-season results haven't helped.

Tevor

My reading of the tea leafs is from mid last season RP said Monty would go to Europe. It was a case of if not when.

I am assuming then RP had a plan in place and a short list for months.

The shortlist would have again assumptions been made with Shaun &. Matty & some others.

Assumption again, Monty told RP, over a week ago, so last week the plan was started and short listed folk phoned and evaluations are being made
That is best case scenario, what if RP thought he would leave at seasons end and then have our long off season to find a replacement. It's known RP wanted one more season out of him at least and not leave a few weeks before our first AFC Cup game. I see some problems with looking for a new manager at this time, are we a Club that can poach an already signed manager from another Club? Potentially yes if it is an NPL manager looking for their opportunity (Cahn for example) otherwise we are probably only left with those currently out of a job. I don't see a huge list of viable replacements to be honest with what we are and how much we pay.

pjennings

No knowledge - but my hope (and tbh what I think will happen):

Monty set to be announced today at Hibs(probably the next 6-10 hours).
The club thanks him and Sergio
The club announcements that they already have a shortlist under active consideration.
Abbas Saad takes training this week
Friday morning Ben Cahn is announced as new manager and we travel to the AFC Cup next week..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred