• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Our Beloved Monty

turbo

This whole situation is already poor.
We are sitting ducks. Unless we can time Hibs “welcome Monty” and our “farewell Monty” with a jovial “welcome new just as great Coach” it’s set to be a shit show.
Adelaide think they are spooners with Goodwin leaning.
CCM: “hold my beer.” ?
It is poor but it is what it is. The important thing now aside from getting the appointment right is how the club communicates it. It’s ok if they don’t have a coach to announce tonight/tomorrow/when hibs pull the trigger but they need to make it clear what the short term plan is and if an appointment is close.

Archie

Here’s the thing though, our squad is NOT bottom 6 quality and we SHOULD be making finals this year with what we have. This preseason we’re obviously not getting the results we want but it doesn’t matter, remember the days where we were at our lowest but defeating massive clubs in the preseason friendlys and then get the spoon at the end of the year? Monty and Serge leaving is the biggest blow our club has taken in a while but they’ve created something special here and even if we get a half decent coach here I trust that he will get the job done well.

Last edited:

Michael

Suggests next week nefore any announcement
I still feel like it will be sometime on monday. Hibs forum chatter was that players weren’t aloud to leave during the break because the new coach was starting work on monday.
Also aligns with what someone said earlier in this thread that Monty came back to say real goodbyes, probably grab some things etc, have to anticipate he probably took a day or two to then fly back to Scotland.

SURELY the club was proactive and sounded out our own shortlist and interviewed this week and will be close to finalising someone. Abbas, Cahn, Hutcho and maybe someone none of us know about.

mike88

I thought I'd have a look at the youth squad that Monty may tap into since the window has shut. I could be wrong but the Development squad looks like it only has seven players [no forwards] that aren't on loan.
I know Monty wont throw anyone on the mens team unless he thought they were ready but I must be getting old; the the U18s look so young. I hope they are fast and strong

If you want to have a laugh, have a look at their development squad and you'll see a 38 year old defender listed there.

I guess where there's life there's hope.

Charlie1

I believe they call that a betrayal of trust, by someone. Either that or it's made up, not sure which is worse. Feel a bit sick that someone has shared a private message like that if it's genuine, very poor form. Anyway nothing we didn't already know.
Betrayal of trust really. ??. Seriously if that makes you feel sick your very thin skin.
At the moment we know nothing everything is just rumours nothing official or it’s what people have heard and shared

Dylan

Betrayal of trust really. ??. Seriously if that makes you feel sick your very thin skin.
At the moment we know nothing everything is just rumours nothing official or it’s what people have heard and shared
What was the attachment?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred