• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Our Beloved Monty

Ads

Yeah Talay is a decent shout and is currently working with the Socceroos I think?

I think Talay football is actually better structured and better to watch then Monty’s tactics.

Not taking away from Monty’s plan that got the job done!

Talay & Saad + Analyst - A-League

Muller & Simon - Academy

Saad then takes over when Talay moves on.

But I do have a feeling Hutch is on his way.

Ozhammer

I could possibly live with a Hutch/Cahn pairing to take us forward but sorry to say, I think the impact of losing Monty and whoever else departs with him will be too big a disruption for the boys to get over. The team had Monty and Serge’s DNA all over it and that’s going to be very hard to replicate under anyone else.

The squad is in good shape thankfully but it’s the coaching staff that set the standards and drive the team to achieve. I’m not saying someone else couldn’t possibly do it but the challenge will be significant.

I am honestly surprised that the lure of Asian competition wasn’t enough to keep Monty here for one more season but that’s football and if it’s done it’s done but the hurt is real at the moment and please, please don’t let this become a repeat of the fall after the 2013 championship.

crock

I could possibly live with a Hutch/Cahn pairing to take us forward but sorry to say, I think the impact of losing Monty and whoever else departs with him will be too big a disruption for the boys to get over. The team had Monty and Serge’s DNA all over it and that’s going to be very hard to replicate under anyone else.

The squad is in good shape thankfully but it’s the coaching staff that set the standards and drive the team to achieve. I’m not saying someone else couldn’t possibly do it but the challenge will be significant.

I am honestly surprised that the lure of Asian competition wasn’t enough to keep Monty here for one more season but that’s football and if it’s done it’s done but the hurt is real at the moment and please, please don’t let this become a repeat of the fall after the 2013 championship.
would have been worse if we told monty no you are staying regardless of the offer and blocking monty from leaving i have confidence we will be ok and we have better resources than 2013

Last edited:

Corsair

Spot on there

Insertnamehere

Who comes in as manager? They will want their own asst. Both need something different if they're the main man (IMO).

crock

We have better resources now we knew at one point monty was going to leave club were desperate to keep monty for one more season but monty obviously wanted to take it so we weren't going to say no you can't take it let's have faith

Wombat

16 days was precisely the timeline between Staj leaving and announcing Monty as his successor ?

Save the time and heartache, if Bielsa’s unavailable throw it straight to Ben Cahn.

When he was in the frame last time he was very keen to come back.

Has taken Melb Knights to first finals series since 2015 and most goals they have ever scored in a season.

Impressive young coach.

I'm pissed off Monty has dogged us for a shitty side like Hibs but if the money was too sweet who can blame him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred