• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2024/2025 ALM and ACL Elite

Huddo

on a f**king free transfer, what a joke.

We don't know if there is a sell-on clause.

As Peil has already stated publicly, he is happy to release players for next to nothing if he can get extremely advantageous sell-on clauses.

It incentivizes European clubs to take our players, and it backs our belief the quality of our player. Besides, if he does well the sell on from the Dutch league is much better money.

Spacks

We don't know if there is a sell-on clause.

As Peil has already stated publicly, he is happy to release players for next to nothing if he can get extremely advantageous sell-on clauses.

It incentivizes European clubs to take our players, and it backs our belief the quality of our player. Besides, if he does well the sell on from the Dutch league is much better money.
The club didn't extend his contract, his contract expired 30/6/2024. There will be no sell-on clauses or any other financial gain.

b7a9e3e9c56b916eefd92a71e3a931d5.png

Transfer Market had his value down as $726,778.39 AUD (€450,000)

midfielder

LG__

Great move for Max I’m sure he’ll succeed.

But how on earth are we letting him leave for free whilst under contract as a back to back champion & treble winner.

I get it was in his contract but why put that in the contract at all?

Absolute lunacy, if someone wants our best players they should have to pay, it’s that simple.

priorpeter

Not always as simple as it seems.
His extension was negotiated with an option that he could exercise for an extension at the end of 2024 if there was no overseas interest. The market has shifted drastically in the last 2 years.

Am I spewing we don’t get a deserved sizeable fee for a future Socceroo? Yep.
Is it better than having lost him on 2022 for nothing to another aleague club? f**kin oath.

Ironbark

His extension was negotiated with an option that he could exercise for an extension at the end of 2024 if there was no overseas interest. The market has shifted drastically in the last 2 years.

Is it better than having lost him on 2022 for nothing to another aleague club? f**kin oath.
Could see him as a Socceroos captain in time for sure

Spacks

Transfermarkt transfer values are akin to throwing coffee at a dartboard blindfolded and adding up the numbers it lands on.
True, if anything the price they value at is atleast 1 mill short. Either way I'm happy he gets his chance overseas. I am salty we didn't get any money for developing him into the player he is now though.

turbo

We need to be better at playing hard ball though, Max moving would have been a risk - at a good team there’s a risk he ends up a bench player, at a poor team he doesn’t shine like he has. A club with a transfer strategy key to their finances can’t be taking soft deals which we seem to be seeing all too often. Even when our first winning team got raided we got cents on the dollar. Then again for Tulio, Torres was headed down a similar path or leaving on a free based on the talk before his alleged offence.

Spacks

We need to be better at playing hard ball though, Max moving would have been a risk - at a good team there’s a risk he ends up a bench player, at a poor team he doesn’t shine like he has. A club with a transfer strategy key to their finances can’t be taking soft deals which we seem to be seeing all too often. Even when our first winning team got raided we got cents on the dollar. Then again for Tulio, Torres was headed down a similar path or leaving on a free based on the talk before his alleged offence.
I don't think this was the clubs fault. He wanted to move. I would definitely be barring Balard's agent from ever doing business with the club again though.

priorpeter

Any transfer or move is a risk, not just for the player but the club also. The unfortunate reality is the nature of the Australian market is often cents on the dollar, but we still pocketed decent fees for Birraz, Rowles, silvera, mcgarry, Triantis, Cummings, and Torres, among others.

Newcastle were looking at Max in 2021. Could have easily lost him at the end of 2022 for nothing, he doesnt develop the way he has, and Australia is robbed of a future Socceroo. Or, he shines in a shit team, they sell him and pocket the transfer fee. Or, he signs overseas from Newcastle on a free and they pocket the training compensation and solidarity fees.

Torres I don’t have anything to say on except that he was going around telling people how he couldn’t wait to leave Australia. Good luck with that now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred