• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2024/2025 ALM and ACL Elite

turbo

Agreed, but I'm now worried that the way he will end up here is by signing with an overseas parent club and then being loaned back. That's seen as a way more positive move than a pure aleague transfer.
Doesnt really matter how he gets there. Having seemingly fallen flat in arranging his own move he may look towards a play one here then move within the City/Foley network kind of deal which I would hate but can't blame him for.

Ads

Still a lot of chatter that APL haven’t got final approval for the ‘Caceras rule’ change, as it’s the FA that ultimately makes the decision.

Surely they wouldn’t be stupid enough to jump the gun. lol.

turbo

I wish the league would do what other Asian leagues do and allow extra visa spots for clubs competing in Asian Comps, that would be useful
We can recruit more foreigners for Asia - we just can't play them here or can't beyond the guest player loop hole if thats still a thing. Not like we have the cash for it anyway.

JB16

We can recruit more foreigners for Asia - we just can't play them here or can't beyond the guest player loop hole if thats still a thing. Not like we have the cash for it anyway.
That's right, but extended visa spots could help significantly especially in a asian comp where other teams have 2 or 3 more foreigners than us

Big Al

Isn't there only two clubs that have that advantage?
Don’t Perth have connections to Italy
Adelaide was hush on who owns them but thought they had connections
Victory 777
City obviously
Auckland
CCM - portugal thing isn’t owned but it’s a connection that could be used

turbo

That's right, but extended visa spots could help significantly especially in a asian comp where other teams have 2 or 3 more foreigners than us
I'd rather not compromise the league by allowing whoever was strongest last year to recruit more foreigners. That seems like a path that won't end well long term. And if you extend that to ACL2 you could end up with 2-3 teams with an unfair advantage. Only way I could potentially support it is limiting match day participation to the same number of visa players for all teams, that would allow them to absorb visa injuries better.

JB16

I'd rather not compromise the league by allowing whoever was strongest last year to recruit more foreigners. That seems like a path that won't end well long term. And if you extend that to ACL2 you could end up with 2-3 teams with an unfair advantage. Only way I could potentially support it is limiting match day participation to the same number of visa players for all teams, that would allow them to absorb visa injuries better.
Yes, I agree, something like 5 foreign players in a match day squad is fair, however it's better to stick with what's working for the league and club

Stuartmcateer

But if they are looking at going back - they could sign Niz and loan him to us until they are back in the first tier.
They could, but what player is going to see the Portugese second tier with a loan back to the status quo as a career improvement?

To get loaned back the club has to be attractive enough to sign for, which portimonense really isn't.

dlanod

Don’t Perth have connections to Italy
Adelaide was hush on who owns them but thought they had connections
Victory 777
City obviously
Auckland
CCM - portugal thing isn’t owned but it’s a connection that could be used
The Caceres rule only banned self-loans, where the same entity owns and controls both which as far as I'm aware is only City and Auckland. It doesn't affect non-ownership scenarios like us and some of the others. It's unclear if it would affect minority ownership like 777 (which will be defunct soon anyway).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred