• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2024/2025 ALM and ACL Elite

montywoodpeg

A 2 year deal is strange if the goal is to give them minutes with an aim to sell. If they dont make their mark immediately they'll be off contract when offers come in. With 3 young keepers I can't see a senior coming in as well, thats a lot of faith.

Also a tad strange where it says...
He went on to join European giants Bayern Munich for an undisclosed fee in June 2023, where he is still currently a part of their youth team.
Is this because he's signed a contract with CCM but it only commences later, and until then he is still on the books at Bayern? Perhaps just an editing mistake?

Corsair

Should be 3 years minimum for youth.
You're assuming the player was willing to accept 3 years. He might have only wanted 2 years so he can renegotiate or move on without restriction. There are 2 other young keepers and Jacko has said he wants competition between them, if you're Pavlesic maybe you don't want to be committed for 3 years if there's a risk you'll ride the pine.

turbo

You're assuming the player was willing to accept 3 years. He might have only wanted 2 years so he can renegotiate or move on without restriction. There are 2 other young keepers and Jacko has said he wants competition between them, if you're Pavlesic maybe you don't want to be committed for 3 years if there's a risk you'll ride the pine.
I think this is one of those areas if its player driven the club needs to say we dont need you that badly then, you want your shot at the #1 spot this is a non negotiable. I'd rather lose a prospect at this stage than a developed player for free when we've taken a punt on them, especially in a key spot like keeper where that process can be a bumpy one. Presumably the club could structure a contract with an option to extend and provide a pay increase if that's a concern for the player.

Spacks

I think this is one of those areas if its player driven the club needs to say we dont need you that badly then, you want your shot at the #1 spot this is a non negotiable. I'd rather lose a prospect at this stage than a developed player for free when we've taken a punt on them, especially in a key spot like keeper where that process can be a bumpy one. Presumably the club could structure a contract with an option to extend and provide a pay increase if that's a concern for the player.
We're not wooden spooners anymore, players should be desperate to join the club and prove they have what it takes to do well at a treble winning team and secure a TRANSFER overseas.

Meerkat

A 2 year deal is strange if the goal is to give them minutes with an aim to sell. If they dont make their mark immediately they'll be off contract when offers come in. With 3 young keepers I can't see a senior coming in as well, thats a lot of faith.
This it it. He is the Vuka replacement,
Read.. “would not spend money on an experienced GK.”

I am dumbfounded by it but also unsurprised by anything, at this point.
A goalkeeper position is under rated, right? In the scheme of things?
Really looking forward to the season 🙂

pjennings

This it it. He is the Vuka replacement,
Read.. “would not spend money on an experienced GK.”

I am dumbfounded by it but also unsurprised by anything, at this point.
A goalkeeper position is under rated, right? In the scheme of things?
Really looking forward to the season 🙂
I really think we probably now have 3 inexperienced keepers with a very heavy schedule coming up. However, on the other hand Danny and Maty were both tested and thrived as young keepers.

Corsair

I really think we probably now have 3 inexperienced keepers with a very heavy schedule coming up. However, on the other hand Danny and Maty were both tested and thrived as young keepers.
Vuka coaching, one of them will blossom.

This is a really great retention strategy as well. We've had some great keepers leave as they knew they weren't going to get a look in.

true believer

GK - The pav Jack and PC probably weakest part
RB - Storm Doka Kuz
CB - diesel Kaltak Paull.Storm. In trouble if Kaltak goes down - an experienced journeyman would be nice as academy kids not ready
LB - Maraguise Noah Steele if needed
Mids - Tapp Steele Alfie Migs
Attack - Doka Migs Theo Koul Edmo Brandtman

Oranges- DWH WILSON!

Probably forgot a couple as well
still a kid , but rocco smith got my attention last week at CB

Big Al

We play and develop youth. We have 3 keepers with Australia junior rep honours. Got to give them ago and find out. Especially with budget cuts.

Interesting choice if warshawky gets first crack as would of had PC on the bench. Let’s see what Pavalic has

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred