• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2024/2025 ALM and ACL Elite

dlanod

Is that 6 goals (yes 6) in a Grand Final Glover? That guy?
I remember thinking it'd have been about 10 if it was most any other A-League keeper - he had a number of great saves. His defense basically told him he was on his own, surprised he hung around another season to play behind those witches hats.

Hello Sailor

He didn’t go that bad at Western when you consider how bad the defence in front of him was.
THIS. A talented keeper cant do well if the defence in front of him is poor. Yes a keeper is a key position but I'd like to get Kaltak's partner sorted out asap.

style_cafe

That has not been my experience. If there isn't a reasonable prospect of conviction based on the collected evidence, the prosecutor rejects the case. They wont waste resources attempting to convict on insufficient evidence.
That does not match my experiences , although i was and still am dealing with Wyong Police…

Stuartmcateer

He didn’t go that bad at Western when you consider how bad the defence in front of him was.
Risdon, imai and garuccio all started the 2022 grand final win. They just had a poor year.

And the rest of the squad on paper isn't horrible. There's enough there to be competitive against anyone.

Hello Sailor

That does not match my experiences , although i was and still am dealing with Wyong Police…
".....charging the defendant and letting the Courts sort it out, its a lot easier for them as it alleviates the need for an investigation....."

You dont make the Wyong police sound very professional. If true the prosecutor must be pretty pissed off with them.

The decision to prosecute involves two questions:​

1. can it be said that there is no reasonable prospect of conviction on the admissible evidence?
  2. is the prosecution in the public interest?
Extract from https://www.odpp.nsw.gov.au/prosecution-guidance/prosecution-guidelines/chapter-1#guidelineanchor10

Last edited:

sydmariner

".....charging the defendant and letting the Courts sort it out, its a lot easier for them as it alleviates the need for an investigation....."

You dont make the Wyong police sound very professional. If true the DPP must be pretty pissed off with them.

The decision to prosecute involves two questions:​

1. can it be said that there is no reasonable prospect of conviction on the admissible evidence?
  2. is the prosecution in the public interest?
Extract from https://www.odpp.nsw.gov.au/prosecution-guidance/prosecution-guidelines/chapter-1#guidelineanchor10

Hello Sailor

I m not suggesting that he is guilty because he has been charged, nor that the allegations are unfounded. I am suggesting that the police and the DPP are professional, that the presumption of innocence is paramount and that its up to the Courts to determine whether charges are proven. I have faith in the judicial system [with the caveat that a its better to be represented by good solicitor and barrister than a poor one :) ].

sydmariner

I m not suggesting that he is guilty because he has been charged, nor that the allegations are unfounded. I am suggesting that the police and the DPP are professional, that the presumption of innocence is paramount and that its up to the Courts to determine whether charges are proven. I have faith in the judicial system [with the caveat that an its better to be represented by good solicitor and barrister than a poor one :) ].
I meant can we move this over to the Angel Torres thread.

priorpeter

Went to Gold Coast, then back to NSWNPL with Wollongong, then Brisbane Lions via a stint on the bench at Brisbane Roar. As PJennings mentioned, now top of the league in Canberra with Gungahlin - picked up a government job in the ACT. We still keep in touch.
Mikey Katsoulis is also there, great to see him getting minutes again after a horror injury run.

Spacks

Mariners Website said:
The Central Coast Mariners are delighted to announce that Miguel Di Pizio has signed a new two-year contract with the club, keeping him on the Coast until 2026.
I guess we finally know he's a fully contracted player for the club! Great news!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred