• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2024/2025 ALM and ACL Elite

Spacks

So you don't give a f**k about Australia cup? It's a place in an Asian Cup, not to mention a very good warm up for the season. And how are we going to do the proper quad without it?
Exactly, it's warmup. Give Paully a run. Not sure why this is controversial.

Revilo

Paull started last season's Australian Cup game against Sydney and the week after he scored the own goal against Terengganu

pjennings

Paull started last season's Australian Cup game against Sydney and the week after he scored the own goal against Terengganu
TBH I think it was a mistake to play him against Sydney. He was obviously out oh his depth and his efforts around the first two goals confirmed that. He needed to be nurtured along. Play him against lesser teams and in preseason hitouts. This was a competitive match against a strong opponent early in his stay here. I really think it affected his confidence in a big way. Hopefully he has a better pre-season this year and can live up to his potential.

shipwreck

TBH I think it was a mistake to play him against Sydney. He was obviously out oh his depth and his efforts around the first two goals confirmed that. He needed to be nurtured along. Play him against lesser teams and in preseason hitouts. This was a competitive match against a strong opponent early in his stay here. I really think it affected his confidence in a big way. Hopefully he has a better pre-season this year and can live up to his potential.
100% this

Corsair

He is only 20 as well, plenty of time to develop.

pjennings

Nothing concrete yet but Lynch paraphrases previous GA quotes

However, Arnold has also consistently bemoaned the lack of games that the Australian top-flight plays since he assumed the mantle of Socceroos boss, as well as the long offseason that it observes. The latter was a point he raised last month, saying that with the next slate of qualifiers set for September – the next A-League Men's season won’t start until October – it will be difficult for him to pick domestic players for that window.

In our favour we played until 2 weeks ago and Nizz played the most minutes of any player in an Australian domestic season. While we won't have started the A League season we would have played 2 Australia Cup before the September FIFA date and a further 3 cup matches and 2 ACL Elite games before the October dates.

Last edited:

pjennings

I've just been re-watching some of our last season. While we have plenty of quality about us at the moment (and stilling hoping to retain most of it) there are a couple of big holes that need to be filled for next season - particularly against the top sides in Asia.

Number 1 is a Danny replacement. I don't think either of the young guys are quite ready yet and as much as I like Birraz if he came back I could see him struggle against the top Japanese and Korean sides.

The other think is a prolific striker. We struggled for goals later in the second half of the season. Against our ACL opponents we will need to either create much more or have a clinical striker that bags everything he is presented with.

FFC Mariner

I've just been re-watching some of our last season. While we have plenty of quality about us at the moment (and stilling hoping to retain most of it) there are a couple of big holes that need to be filled for next season - particularly against the top sides in Asia.

Number 1 is a Danny replacement. I don't think either of the young guys are quite ready yet and as much as I like Birraz if he came back I could see him struggle against the top Japanese and Korean sides.

The other think is a prolific striker. We struggled for goals later in the second half of the season. Against our ACL opponents we will need to either create much more or have a clinical striker that bags everything he is presented with.
Agree - plus we have no depth at CB (worse if/when Dan leaves) - I think Jacko sees Edmo as his clinical striker.
Hope hes right

Corsair

Agree - plus we have no depth at CB (worse if/when Dan leaves) - I think Jacko sees Edmo as his clinical striker.
Hope hes right
Nowhere near fulfilling his potential this season. I think we'll see a team structured around getting him chances. He's easily our best finisher and spent a large part of last season not being passed to by he who shall not be named.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred