• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Tevor

Maybe some loan swaps?
Why would we??? Monty will have so many players to pick from in Europe he will not need to steal ours. I’m sure the club is still focused on being a successful club so there is no doubt we will not make it easy for players to leave for nothing. Why it’s so important we get the right replacement and players want to stay.

Meerkat

The scouting network that Monty often referred to and spoke highly of.. have we still got that? I know Sergio had good influence there…?

I suppose what I’m asking, are the cogs still working and people still actively looking or have we ground to a halt.

Not exactly enticing many I wouldn’t think, with no coach.

Meerkat

I hope Monty sets us up with some loans.

I guess that’s also my question too.. will he be looking in our direction at all or will it be a “central coast mariners who??” I think very highly of Monty but something tells me it will be the latter..

Wombat

I guess that’s also my question too.. will he be looking in our direction at all or will it be a “central coast mariners who??” I think very highly of Monty but something tells me it will be the latter..
Nah. Monty is a quality person as well as a quality Manager. We are lucky he was connected to our club. I believe he will always support us. He will shine in Scotland and will soon be in England....hopefully throwing us a few bones.

turbo

I doubt he will raid us too much, maybe one or two players he can get for a relatively good price but his focus needs to be on getting results not bringing others along for the ride.

As for the scouting side we might get the odd lead from them especially in the next 18m but beyond that will likely settle down as his focus will be elsewhere.

Roger the Cabin Boy

I doubt he will raid us too much, maybe one or two players he can get for a relatively good price but his focus needs to be on getting results not bringing others along for the ride.

As for the scouting side we might get the odd lead from them especially in the next 18m but beyond that will likely settle down as his focus will be elsewhere.
I think we will be in the back of his mind, but he has far greater resources at Hibs to draw on than we have here. BTW is there still a Sheffield Utd relationship with us?

Meerkat

Nah. Monty is a quality person as well as a quality Manager. We are lucky he was connected to our club. I believe he will always support us. He will shine in Scotland and will soon be in England....hopefully throwing us a few bones.
Don’t disagree at all that he is a great person. He is though a person who focuses 100% on the job ahead which may not have room for looking back at us.

pjennings

Don’t disagree at all that he is a great person. He is though a person who focuses 100% on the job ahead which may not have room for looking back at us.
I'm sure he will see plenty of videos etc from players/agents for HIBs spots. If they don't fit his needs but seem a good fit for us I can see him passing on the details. We certainly won't be front of mind.

Last edited:

Ironbark

If Monty ends up recruiting from us it'll be to support that player because he believes in them. He won't give them an opportunity at the expense of Hibs though.

He might be the only way Nizzy gets a gig overseas for example - and Niz really does deserve it. But only if he's going to add to the team, not at the expense of it.

I don't think he'll take much from us though. Hoping he and Serg will still send player contacts our way though when the fit is right.

tsd

I dont much trust in fotmob ratings, but it suits my narrative here. It was his worst rated game since November 2022 at Macarthur.
fotmob is a great resource especially for judging the contribution of attacking players with XG, XA, big chances, dribbles etc but there aren't many specific metrics to judge a pivot /6, most of their work is marking/ tracking players, keeping/ receiving the ball under pressure... all of which Maxi is among the best in the league at

Insertnamehere

fotmob is a great resource especially for judging the contribution of attacking players with XG, XA, big chances, dribbles etc but there aren't many specific metrics to judge a pivot /6, most of their work is marking/ tracking players, keeping/ receiving the ball under pressure... all of which Maxi is among the best in the league at
Maybe check his season then...

Corsair

Transfer window is closed, this is what we did.

Central Coast Mariners

In: (10)
Alou Kuol (Stuttgart)
Angel Torres (Balzan)
Mikael Doka (Santos - 2 years)
Noah Smith (Brisbane Roar - 2 years)
Jing Reec (Arhaus – on loan)
Jack Warshawsky (Western Sydney Wanderers)
Will Wilson (Melbourne Victory)
Nathan Paull (scholarship contract – Sydney FC)
Trent Millard (scholarship contract – Brisbane Roar)
Dylan Peraic-Cullen (scholarship contract)

Re-signings:
Marco Tulio (2 years)

Out: (10)
Jason Cummings (Mohun Bagan)
Sam Silvera (Middlesbrough)
Beni Nkololo (Al-Orobah)
James McGarry (Aberdeen)
Moresche (Naft Al-Basra)
Nectar Triantis (Sunderland AFC)
Anthony Pavlesic (Bayern Munich)
Patrick Beach (Melbourne City)
Lachlan Bayliss (Newcastle Jets)
Yaren Sozer (Gudja United FC)

Out Scholarships: (2)
James Bayliss (scholarship released)
Zac Zorichich (scholarship released)

We've replaced senior players with scholarships. I think it's going to be a tough season. We will really need Kuol, Torres and Tulio firing on all cylinders. Without Monty organizing and inspiring I get the feeling we're in for a rough ride. I think communication up front might be an issue, I hope someone blossoms into a leader and organizer.

Who do we think will be captain? Vuka? I'd have loved to have a senior outfield player in that role this season.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred