• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Spacks

I can't wait to see the youngsters develop. Paull, Di Pizio, Brandtman, Smith and Kuzevski (he's still around right?).

Hello Sailor

What irks me a lot is the lack of transfer fees in Australia richer teams can cheery-pick off smaller teams who they want... for no reward to the smaller team....
Me too, but I suppose so long as other clubs' academies are providing us with their talent it could be worse.

Ads

Roux————Kaltak———Paul————-Doka
Barcellos——-Tapp———Steele————????
—————————?????—————————
—————————Edmo—————————

Kuveski
Brandtmann
Smith
Durate
Theo
* Excluding keepers

Likely Outs:
Vuka - Retire after GF win
Ballard
Nizbit
Torres
Hall
Faz
Dipizio

Hopefully Kaltak, Edmo, Doka & Barcellos all do 1 more with us and will be next years graduates!

Ironbark

The interesting thing for me here is Jacko has done a superb job with a team he inherited and has brought on only one recruit of his own.
The team he inherited, however, came from the league's best recruiters Monty and Sergio.

Will be interesting to see what Jacko can do with a bit of a rebuild and preseason of his own. I do expect to lose a bunch of key players who all deserve their shot, but there's reason to think Jacko can keep it going with his own formula. I hope.

Coastalraider

The interesting thing for me here is Jacko has done a superb job with a team he inherited and has brought on only one recruit of his own.
The team he inherited, however, came from the league's best recruiters Monty and Sergio.

Will be interesting to see what Jacko can do with a bit of a rebuild and preseason of his own. I do expect to lose a bunch of key players who all deserve their shot, but there's reason to think Jacko can keep it going with his own formula. I hope.
It’s a good point, but ‘unproven’ recruiting aside - what has been proven is that Jacko is leagues better as a technical coach than anyone in Aus, or Monty and serge. He has taken Nizzy, Faz, Hall to new levels. That in itself is a damn good recruiting tool. Combine that with the continued success of our model of giving game time, opportunity, up skill and sell on to major leagues, then im not super concerned we will have issues attracting quality projects.

midfielder

Tis the yet to be answered part of his skill set.... many great coaches fail on the rebuilding side of the game.... issue is using Moss as the example you make a number pf poor choices it takes a long time to undo the damage...

Having Matty as the Football director will also test his skill set in the same area, there decisions will go a long way to building the clubs future....

Big Al

Tis the yet to be answered part of his skill set.... many great coaches fail on the rebuilding side of the game.... issue is using Moss as the example you make a number pf poor choices it takes a long time to undo the damage...

Having Matty as the Football director will also test his skill set in the same area, there decisions will go a long way to building the clubs future....
The academy setup is pretty good these days for not just us but all WSW and SFC so if you have to throw kids in they are so much better prepared.

In our dark times we didn’t have capable players now you could fill the squad with youth and imports if you had to and not be any worse than we were in the past.

You could argue you would only be 2 or 3 experienced Aussies short then because the whole leg is heading that way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred