• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Michael

Niz just gave a scarily diplomatic answer to questions about his contract, post match.
But also an intelligent one about any OS move, saying if anything came up it has to the right one… doesn’t want to end up back in aus 1 year later etc.

Surely he, along with max, are priorities number 1 for contract extensions.

Insertnamehere

Will be interesting if the Pom is any good who gets the impact striker sub because Jing comes on and gives something but Alou is looking lost again
Alou is just so static when the ball isnt moving forward. So many times hes just standing there watching out to the wing. Rather than moving defenders or getting into a better position.

Another thing that drove me nuts was him and Piz running to the same spots.

marinermick

Alou is just so static when the ball isnt moving forward. So many times hes just standing there watching out to the wing. Rather than moving defenders or getting into a better position.

His lack of urgency in the box is so frustrating. Some lovely crosses were put in tonight and he never attacked the ball or threw his body at it. Just watched the ball go past him.

Reec’s form should have been motivation to lift your game. Then the new signing should have been even more motivation to keep your spot. Sadly it hasn’t lifted his game.

Insertnamehere

His lack of urgency in the box is so frustrating. Some lovely crosses were put in tonight and he never attacked the ball or threw his body at it. Just watched the ball go past him.

Reec’s form should have been motivation to lift your game. Then the new signing should have been even more motivation to keep your spot. Sadly it hasn’t lifted his game.
I'd almost maximally simplify it and tell him to attack the back stick or from the back stick line.

The amount of times balls could be tap ins at the back stick in this league is ridiculous.

Stuartmcateer

It must be frustrating at times playing up front in this team.

I have noticed that he makes runs early on, especially trying to run in behind off the shoulder of the last man, and the ball never comes. He also attacks balls early but our delivery is not spot on or we cut back and don't deliver.

After about half a dozen he stops and waits for the ball to be played before making the run.

At least in the first 4 games he knew nothing was coming in until 4000 stepovers had been completed.

Insertnamehere

It must be frustrating at times playing up front in this team.

I have noticed that he makes runs early on, especially trying to run in behind off the shoulder of the last man, and the ball never comes. He also attacks balls early but our delivery is not spot on or we cut back and don't deliver.

After about half a dozen he stops and waits for the ball to be played before making the run.

At least in the first 4 games he knew nothing was coming in until 4000 stepovers had been completed.
Thats defs more his style. Counter attack fast go forward. And unfortunately for him its been late in games where Jing has been getting those opportunities.

Ads

If we had prime Berisha would would be on 50 goals half way through season.

He loved simply running at the net when predicting a low cross coming in.

Not looking for ball to feet, just run into the space and risk the offside based on predicting that low pass/cross across face of goal.

Just do it!

Insertnamehere

If DWH can’t get on ahead of either Kuol, Reec and now Wilson he’s surely being frozen out. Zero chance with a new starting striker in the mix. Feels like he’s been a bit hard done by to me - hasn’t had nearly the opportunity the other two got since we developed a functioning attack.
I'd defs take him getting some game time over Wilson.

Stuartmcateer

Thats defs more his style. Counter attack fast go forward. And unfortunately for him its been late in games where Jing has been getting those opportunities.
look at the 2 goals we scored against city.

Kuol and Reec both made runs, the difference was that faz played the ball quickly on both those occasions.

Too often we don't look forward quickly enough or we aren't good enough to play that ball when it's on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred