• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

ETw

Build him a statue

Admittedly a one-sided narrow glimpse, but three vivid memories sum up Cumdog to me as a fan, and I think can be reminders of what we do find as a club, where others mock or may not see.

One: As captured on A league All Access (I think). Jason is warming up to sub in next and soon, and a boy holds out a hat and pen. Jason momentarily starts to accommodate, and the coach pulls him back saying “save it for later’ or something like that. With a genuine disappointed look for the kid, he continues warming up. It would not surprise me if he did seek out the kid later, and the kid went home with a signed hat and lasting memory too.

Two: I let the kids do ye ole autograph shuffle along the barrier after the game. It is the same weekend as Jason's call up (finally Arnie!), so he is buzzing, and so are fans as he takes time with them. Kids are lined up rows deep with pens, hats, shirts whatever. He gets a polite and friendly nudge from his partner from a few rows in the stands that he “might miss his flight if he doesn’t come along soon”, and he responds sheepishly with, “but these are the fans”. He continues to sign and banter with the kids a bit longer, and then makes his way out all smiles, as are the kids.

Three: Grand Final. Hat Trick. Breaks Mariners Goal record. 6-1.

Statue

Last edited:

Coastalraider

I know the APL is broke and all, but this is the type of player that should have received some extra cash for to keep in the league. When he left he was a Socceroo, World Cup player, grand final winner and hat trick holder, and genuinely was the type of player all fans loved to watch, but additionally was someone who non fans were starting to know. He could have been the face of the league purely through character, and backed it up by being one of the best goal scorers we’ve had.

Now compare a likely return for the league based on that, with the $1mill spent on Nani and how invisible he was from a plying and sport promotion point of view.

FFC Mariner

I know the APL is broke and all, but this is the type of player that should have received some extra cash for to keep in the league. When he left he was a Socceroo, World Cup player, grand final winner and hat trick holder, and genuinely was the type of player all fans loved to watch, but additionally was someone who non fans were starting to know. He could have been the face of the league purely through character, and backed it up by being one of the best goal scorers we’ve had.

Now compare a likely return for the league based on that, with the $1mill spent on Nani and how invisible he was from a plying and sport promotion point of view.
Having burnt Arnie he would know his Socceroos career was over

Now on a very well paid tour of resorts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred