• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

An update from our Chairman

Hello Sailor

Each game day needs to feel like a grand final to grab the casual fans each week + a winning team + minimum schedualing conflicts.

It’s a hard ask but I believe each game at any usual home stadium needs:

* Fire or cold spark machines
* The food trucks
* T-shirt cannon / sling shot
* Cheerleading (over18)
* Bring back Masterfoods blimp or drone
* Get the band back to each game, (yes conflicted opinions on here, but the casuals like it and we generally want to keep RP here)

* And a competition wide half time competition with prize money that people take notice and that creates media attention.
(10k pass the ball onto line from half way)
Substitute 'bring back the band' [shudders] with "bring back the Loose Cannon". Newbies won't know who is who and it helps with that.

Archie

Each game day needs to feel like a grand final to grab the casual fans each week + a winning team + minimum schedualing conflicts.

It’s a hard ask but I believe each game at any usual home stadium needs:

* Fire or cold spark machines
* The food trucks
* T-shirt cannon / sling shot
* Cheerleading (over18)
* Bring back Masterfoods blimp or drone
* Get the band back to each game, (yes conflicted opinions on here, but the casuals like it and we generally want to keep RP here)

* And a competition wide half time competition with prize money that people take notice and that creates media attention.
(10k pass the ball onto line from half way)
I’m all for having the brass band at each home games IF there can be some adjustments made to them, such as them playing mostly before and after games, and not so much during the games as the trumpets tend to drown out the yellow army. However hearing them play in the streets as you walk into the stadium will definitely hype most people up and can create a good atmosphere. Food trucks is a must, and keeping the fans entertained while no football is being played is important, therefore having cheerleaders and the old blimp would be great. Also like you mentioned continue the tee shirt sling shot and the thing they do with the large inflatable football on both sides of the stadium which was great. Fire machines are great for finals but won’t be a hit in the middle of summer, smoke machines are cool though. Fans on the field at fulltime is always great fun and should happen more often. Have heaps of stalls and games to partake in on Dane drive like how we did in finals and paint that street yellow and blue. Also bring back the loose cannon while we’re at it. Yes this will be costly but if the club want attendances to increase, rather then asking the same people to come every week, we should be after the casuals and family’s who don’t go as often, and to do this we need to make “going to a mariners game” more than just watching some football and going home, but instead an event that people can look forward to every week.

pjennings

. i think any half-arsed effort at Tuggerah will diminish crowds further and a downward spiral will continue

. how many people would realistically go to Tuggerah to sit on an aluminium bench with no weather protection? thousands? nah, hundreds? maybe (what's our record at Pluim?)

. that doesn't even consider the cost of having facilities to a 'league standard' (then maintaining and staffing them). it is one thing to build a gym out of some old shipping containers and a tarp - but imagine the likes of Courtneeeee Whine being asked to change in them

. the upgrade would be millions which would take years to amortise, must be paid for in advance (with ongoing financing implications) and is likely to be hugely disruptive to the current base

. then there is the big issue that i haven't seen mentioned yet - parking. i have been there for a training session with about 20 people and there is f**k all parking ... a few thousand spectators? forget it. the cost of that infrastructure alone would be millions (and think of the forgotten hotel and the associated roadworks which appears to have scuppered that idea). and before anybody mentions it, i think there are probably about 6 people that would use public transport to get to Tuggerah for a match

. i don't think Rich's vision projects that far ... it is better to outsource it, pay as you go ... and publicly whinge when the community facility doesn't meet expectations
Code Football which I don't subscribe to had an article about imminent investors into CCM and has Richard saying we want to invest in infrastructure. This was early May.

If Richard is talking infrastucture it will either be at Tuggerah and working with Mike or CCS and working with the lease holders. I suspect working with Mike would be easier and it doesn't need to be half-arsed.

If we want to have the best Academy then let's have the best Academy.

Last edited:

Corsair

The band is fine if it's constrained to GA non-member areas and involves a single tambourine. For big occasions the addition of a triangle is acceptable.

To be fair casuals I bring enjoy the band, members I sit with regularly find it detracts from the football. That's the polite way of saying fkin annoying.

Big Al

The band is fine if it's constrained to GA non-member areas and involves a single tambourine. For big occasions the addition of a triangle is acceptable.

To be fair casuals I bring enjoy the band, members I sit with regularly find it detracts from the football. That's the polite way of saying fkin annoying.
The band should play at the NYE game and that is it

MrCelery

I’m all for having the brass band at each home games IF there can be some adjustments made to them, such as them playing mostly before and after games, and not so much during the games as the trumpets tend to drown out the yellow army. However hearing them play in the streets as you walk into the stadium will definitely hype most people up and can create a good atmosphere. Food trucks is a must, and keeping the fans entertained while no football is being played is important, therefore having cheerleaders and the old blimp would be great. Also like you mentioned continue the tee shirt sling shot and the thing they do with the large inflatable football on both sides of the stadium which was great. Fire machines are great for finals but won’t be a hit in the middle of summer, smoke machines are cool though. Fans on the field at fulltime is always great fun and should happen more often. Have heaps of stalls and games to partake in on Dane drive like how we did in finals and paint that street yellow and blue. Also bring back the loose cannon while we’re at it. Yes this will be costly but if the club want attendances to increase, rather then asking the same people to come every week, we should be after the casuals and family’s who don’t go as often, and to do this we need to make “going to a mariners game” more than just watching some football and going home, but instead an event that people can look forward to every week.
paragraphs.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred