• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

An update from our Chairman

Corsair

Have we ever had a season with a 12k average ALM crowd? Does any club in the league acheive that?

It's great to set stretch goals but I think he's dreaming at 12k. If we start losing games the crowds drop away real fast. He's only seen our best times so far...

Fkin Townsend, someone should be sueing him.

midfielder

^^^^^^^^^
PJ

Astute post, the cost of a 6k stadium can be reduced by having bench seating rather than plastic seats.

You can get 750 to 800 per row. So 7 to 8 rows deep you don't need an expensive roof nor expensive foundations.

style_cafe

Great idea and something to be considered.In a fantasy world we would need to :- 1. Buy the CE from MC 2. Buy the adjacent available land. 3. Buy the storage facility adjacent. These are the 3 major key components. The first 2 are self explanatory. Item 3 however is a major factor as it has a number of large buidings that would provide key infrastructure for changerooms, gym, clubroom, bar toilets etc.as well as admin,shop, parking and canteen facilies. The actual field would need a drainage upgrade to an all weather pitch. The fan facilities, stands etc can be done in stages. Some sections of the new facilites could also become separate income streams. Eg. The Mariners Shop,The clubroom and bar. Whilst moving the offices down there would free up space in the office block to be rented out. Further to these items a boutique stadium would (as PJ pointed out) allow us to raise revenue from NPL and other games through gate,canteen and bar facilies,whilst lowering hire costs for other existing facilities

Hello Sailor

Umm, I haven't really thought this through, so shoot it down if you like.

Membership cost currently includes a dollar amount that must be spent on merch [even if you dont want it and would prefer to pay less for no merch].
The quality of the merch is not so great.
The price charged for the merch is high.
The merch is often late arriving.

To help the club finances, lets just do away with the forced purchase of overpriced, poor quality, and late arriving merch, and save the club the trouble and cost of organising it.
Members to still pay the same membership fees but dont expect anything extra than season tickets.

I have more than enough caps, mugs, coolers etc an dont need any more.

Say there are 5000 members, and each forgoes the $30 [?} cost that the club pays to have our nominal $100 merch credit manufactured. Could the $150k saved fund a quality player and at the start of the game he can be announced as "Sponsored by the CCM members"? I'd get more of a kick from that than from the forced purchase of merch.

bikinigirl

. i think any half-arsed effort at Tuggerah will diminish crowds further and a downward spiral will continue

. how many people would realistically go to Tuggerah to sit on an aluminium bench with no weather protection? thousands? nah, hundreds? maybe (what's our record at Pluim?)

. that doesn't even consider the cost of having facilities to a 'league standard' (then maintaining and staffing them). it is one thing to build a gym out of some old shipping containers and a tarp - but imagine the likes of Courtneeeee Whine being asked to change in them

. the upgrade would be millions which would take years to amortise, must be paid for in advance (with ongoing financing implications) and is likely to be hugely disruptive to the current base

. then there is the big issue that i haven't seen mentioned yet - parking. i have been there for a training session with about 20 people and there is f**k all parking ... a few thousand spectators? forget it. the cost of that infrastructure alone would be millions (and think of the forgotten hotel and the associated roadworks which appears to have scuppered that idea). and before anybody mentions it, i think there are probably about 6 people that would use public transport to get to Tuggerah for a match

. i don't think Rich's vision projects that far ... it is better to outsource it, pay as you go ... and publicly whinge when the community facility doesn't meet expectations

Meerkat

. i think any half-arsed effort at Tuggerah will diminish crowds further and a downward spiral will continue

. how many people would realistically go to Tuggerah to sit on an aluminium bench with no weather protection? thousands? nah, hundreds? maybe (what's our record at Pluim?)

. that doesn't even consider the cost of having facilities to a 'league standard' (then maintaining and staffing them). it is one thing to build a gym out of some old shipping containers and a tarp - but imagine the likes of Courtneeeee Whine being asked to change in them

. the upgrade would be millions which would take years to amortise, must be paid for in advance (with ongoing financing implications) and is likely to be hugely disruptive to the current base

. then there is the big issue that i haven't seen mentioned yet - parking. i have been there for a training session with about 20 people and there is f**k all parking ... a few thousand spectators? forget it. the cost of that infrastructure alone would be millions (and think of the forgotten hotel and the associated roadworks which appears to have scuppered that idea). and before anybody mentions it, i think there are probably about 6 people that would use public transport to get to Tuggerah for a match

. i don't think Rich's vision projects that far ... it is better to outsource it, pay as you go ... and publicly whinge when the community facility doesn't meet expectations
Yup. Nailed it all.

FFC Mariner

Umm, I haven't really thought this through, so shoot it down if you like.

Membership cost currently includes a dollar amount that must be spent on merch [even if you dont want it and would prefer to pay less for no merch].
The quality of the merch is not so great.
The price charged for the merch is high.
The merch is often late arriving.

To help the club finances, lets just do away with the forced purchase of overpriced, poor quality, and late arriving merch, and save the club the trouble and cost of organising it.
Members to still pay the same membership fees but dont expect anything extra than season tickets.

I have more than enough caps, mugs, coolers etc an dont need any more.

Say there are 5000 members, and each forgoes the $30 [?} cost that the club pays to have our nominal $100 merch credit manufactured. Could the $150k saved fund a quality player and at the start of the game he can be announced as "Sponsored by the CCM members"? I'd get more of a kick from that than from the forced purchase of merch.
Agree - I didnt bother with members merch this season as it was evident someone was trying to be cute on postage.
Getting screwed for poorly made, late delivered rubbish is not for me. Happy to just pay for my season ticket and turn up to games

Corsair

Agree - I didnt bother with members merch this season as it was evident someone was trying to be cute on postage.
Getting screwed for poorly made, late delivered rubbish is not for me. Happy to just pay for my season ticket and turn up to games
Sadly, spot on.

bikinigirl

Cute with postage?

. previously you could use the store credits allocated to pay the postage - but not last year. that meant that there was always an additional out-of-pocket expense for the member - which meant you had to pay for something you didn't necessarily want just to use the credit

... but it was also the only 'real' expense the club had so they were covering their expenses. by this i mean the 'value' attributed to items in the store was probably well above what anybody would 'actually' pay for them - but since they were 'free' it didn't matter (it would be better if there was not a dollar value attached rather a 'no. of credits' value - for example you are allocated 10 credits and need 5 for a cap and 4 for a dog lead ... it takes away the perception of value)

...but, you'd still be asked to pay for postage, because they are coming straight from China not out of a store room at Tuggerah where you could pick them up

Tevor

. previously you could use the store credits allocated to pay the postage - but not last year. that meant that there was always an additional out-of-pocket expense for the member - which meant you had to pay for something you didn't necessarily want just to use the credit

... but it was also the only 'real' expense the club had so they were covering their expenses. by this i mean the 'value' attributed to items in the store was probably well above what anybody would 'actually' pay for them - but since they were 'free' it didn't matter (it would be better if there was not a dollar value attached rather a 'no. of credits' value - for example you are allocated 10 credits and need 5 for a cap and 4 for a dog lead ... it takes away the perception of value)

...but, you'd still be asked to pay for postage, because they are coming straight from China not out of a store room at Tuggerah where you could pick them up
The voice of reason 🤣

midfielder

I prefer unpleasant communication from our owners more than either silence or the ... She be Right...

No way we can make 12 K per game, however at least we know.

Another aspect is the P+ deal can massively increase if the numbers improve.

APL need to work with 10/P+, to get more eyes to watch

Maybe fans groups and I don't know how but maybe they could help increase the ratings

sydmariner

I prefer unpleasant communication from our owners more than either silence or the ... She be Right...

No way we can make 12 K per game, however at least we know.

Another aspect is the P+ deal can massively increase if the numbers improve.

APL need to work with 10/P+, to get more eyes to watch

Maybe fans groups and I don't know how but maybe they could help increase the ratings
wet t-shirt contest ftw

Ads

Each game day needs to feel like a grand final to grab the casual fans each week + a winning team + minimum schedualing conflicts.

It’s a hard ask but I believe each game at any usual home stadium needs:

* Fire or cold spark machines
* The food trucks
* T-shirt cannon / sling shot
* Cheerleading (over18)
* Bring back Masterfoods blimp or drone
* Get the band back to each game, (yes conflicted opinions on here, but the casuals like it and we generally want to keep RP here)

* And a competition wide half time competition with prize money that people take notice and that creates media attention.
(10k pass the ball onto line from half way)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred