• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

An update from our Chairman

BaysideMariner

So if we cannot break even after the last two seasons should we just fold the club?

But seriously hopefully the front office team can leverage off the last two seasons. If the grant from the APL.is dropping , does that mean so too does the salary floor? I.e if I want to pay every player the minimum we can ? ( not suggesting we should)

Last edited:

pjennings

So if we cannot break even after the last two seasons should we just fold the club?

But seriously hopefully the front office team can leverage off the last two seasons. If the grant from the APL.is dropping , does that mean so too does the salary floor? I.e if I want to pay every player the minimum we can ? ( not suggesting we should)
In fairness to RP. We would still be losing money on most match days - especially on the stand alone womens' games and the AFC Cup games. The AFC Cup money that the club received (after half going to the players - who deserved it!!) would not have covered the costs of being in the competition and now they are losing $1m compared to last year from the APL.

When he took over we did not have a womens team. Those losses would not have originally be planned for - however he made the decision to play them at the Stadium.

If we can put together a decent first team again an ALM average of 10,000 is possible, 12,000 less so. To do it every game given the vagaries of our weather I think is impossible even for the men.

Ironbark

In fairness he said we did better financially this year than lthe year before but now we'll be down $1mil due to the APL screwing up.
All he asks is for members to encourage fair weather supporters who turned up for and enjoyed the GF to sign up and come to more games where possible

BaysideMariner

In fairness to RP. We would still be losing money on most match days - especially on the stand alone womens' games and the AFC Cup games. The AFC Cup money that the club received (after half going to the players - who deserved it!!) would not have covered the costs of being in the competition and now they are losing $1m compared to last year from the APL.

When he took over we did not have a womens team. Those losses would not have originally be planned for - however he made the decision to play them at the Stadium.

If we can put together a decent first team again an ALM average of 10,000 is possible, 12,000 less so. To do it every game given the vagaries of our weather I think is impossible even for the men.
I love what Rich has done. I am confused as to who would want to own an A League club? What are the thoughts around being an owner. As a passionate Mariners supporter, at what point financially would it be OK to buy them?. It would have to be around my passion for the club vs financial benefit. I want Rich to stay but if he continues to lose money at what point do we lose him and get no one?

pjennings

Regardless of how we’re performing, we need to work together to get 12,000+ fans at every home game this season – our men and women on the pitch deserve the support. - RP

To look at the size of the task he is looking for 12,000 each game - this is what we would need to do to average (not beat every game) 10,000 and 12,000. As an FYI we had 1 game greater than 12,000 last season NYE at 15,073.

ALMALWAFCAll
This season7250290127764761
Increase needed37.93%244.70%260.22%110.05%
Next season average10000100001000010000
ALMALWAFCAll
This season7250290127764761
Increase needed65.52%313.64%332.28%152.05%
Next season average12000120001200012000

pjennings

Well the good thing is we have the $1.2mil from Afc Elite to help offset the APL shitting the bed

Full prize money break down (AUD equivalent of USD at current rate) - no mention of travel subsidies

League Stage Participation$1.2M
+Round of 16$300K
+Quarter-Finals$600K
+Semi-Finals$900K
Runner-Up$6M
Champions$15M
Total for Champions$18M
Total for Runner-Up$9M

midfielder

Jerks with new owners, Drive Bys with new coach, South Gosford FC, New Year match should all draw after last season very good crowds

An idea from a guy at a pub.

Away interstate members make tickets half price to encourage more travelling fans.

midfielder

Assume we play 13 home games, assume across Jerks, Drive Bys, SFC, NEW Year we get five games if we can average 15k for those games and 10 K for the remaining 8 games we could go close to 12k average.

As for the girls can't see them getting 50% of 12k.

A lot depends on the draw, would love each game to be 7:30 Saturday night

priorpeter

Away interstate members make tickets half price to encourage more travelling fans.
They’ve long talked about putting together travel deals to try and encourage more interstate fans to attend. Every time it gets firmly filed in the too hard basket.
Based on the ‘deals’ - and I use the term in the loosest way possible - they ended up offering for travelling fans for Unite round, I wouldn’t be optimistic of their offerings anyway.

pjennings

At what point do they consider playing the Women's games at a smaller and less expensive ground?

TBH - I would love to see a small, expandable stadium at Tuggerah, say 5,000-6,000 capacity. Richard did say he was after investors for infrastructure. No idea of the cost but something like the Tarneit with a couple of small stand either side.

We played 30 CCM matches (not finals) at the Stadium. 13 ALM games - 10 games were over 6.000 so assume they stay at the CCS - indeed that's where the ALM history is.

The other 17 games, the AFC had 6 games and a high attendance of 4037 and the ALW had 11 games and a high attendance of 5735 could all be played at such a stadium. Throw in 15 NPL games, future National Youth League that JJ is still pushing for and any Australia Cup games. Put in a limited license clubhouse (up to 60 days) and you would have 30-40 games there a year plus a place to watch away games and Socceroo / Matilda games.

No idea of the capital costs but the match day costs would drastically drop and the food and drink profits would go to the Club. No-one at the club I assume would have the expertise in running and maintaining even a small stadium so that would have to be factored in as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred