• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Grand Final vs Victory 23/24

Michael

Had the chance to speak to Faz after the game. He was still seething about the piece of metal that struck him when celebrating the goal in front of Melbourne fans. Said it was heavy and had spikes on it.
If you or anyone else get the chance to tell him or the club, if they want to pursue it whether it’s to try find the culprit or just a mass suspension against their active, let me know and I’ll happily hand over the video I have.
Or if anyone can direct me to the best place to give the club the footage.
I’m sure others have some kind of video evidence too.

f**k the victory active.

Charlie1

My only negative of the whole night was the big bloke in the pink jersey in the bay who refused to get off the seat. (First half) He got asked several times to a response of "get f**ked". Ended up getting pretty heated (2 blokes hitting each other with a flag) and cops got involved. All he had to do was hop down.

Absolutely amazing night. We will be talking about that for years to come. So proud to be a Mariners fan!
There were people standing on there seats in front of him he was not the only one standing on his seat and there was no need for the idiot behind him to throw a full can at his back

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Hmmm kind of MacArthur FC vibes I'm afraid.

I'll wait and hope another set comes out
Yeah.....the shirt in particular in a big miss for me.

Oh well.

Man, I still can't believe this has happened. After everything we've been through, when we made it into the GF last year I figured 'well, I'm really going to have to fly up, after all we probably won't see too many of these!'. To back it up - especially after losing so many of our goalscorers last year, and especially after losing out coach just before the season....is incredible.

There's always something particularly special about changing a result in stoppage time, but to go from being 2min away from losing the GF, to winning it and taking the treble....incredible.

Very tense match and I thought we were done for......then when we scored our second, man, the excitement from that but still very nervous for the rest of extra time, especially as they were attacking a lot. Knowing that at any moment, they could put it back to a draw. That 3rd goal was just....oh man. I honestly have no recollection of anything that happened after that. Just standing there thinking 'holy shit....he's actually going to score this'....seeing that all-too-magical swell of the side of the net, knowing that this clinched it, MV couldn't take this away from us. I honestly have no recollection of the match restarting or anything, certainly didn't hear the full-time whistle, just saw the subs running on...then everyone else.

As I was explaining to my partner who came up...it's not just taking the double GF and the treble that brought that on. This has been the moment we've been waiting for since the NJ grand final, which none of us have gotten over. Not to mention after everything we've been through in the dark years.

The smallest club in the league pulling off 2 GF wins in a row, the double, one of the most successful clubs in the league....just incredible.

And you better believe I wore the jersey on the plane home! (I did on the flight there, of course!).

Throat's still sore!!

Last edited:

LFCMariners

Would make sense, couldn’t get their own personal knife onto a plane so just duck down to Bunnings up here. Cos as we know, an aleague grand final is a life or death situation and you gotta be prepared to defend yourself, particularly coming to the home of the single most aggressive and dangerous fan base that is, the mariners fans.
Maybe they saw the cannon and thought we had a whole lot of other weapons in our arsenal that weren't our starting 11?

sydmariner

Spacks

Confirmed :(
This is good news. Love Vuka but I'd hate for him to play another and not end his career on the same high. He deserves the rest. Now he can put all his energy into developing the next generation! I'm pretty excited to see the results!

LFCMariners

First world problems:

- What Champions merch do I want to buy/ aren't they going to release a Champions Cap like last season?
- I have to remember the program I installed to download last seasons' GF and do it all over again + where am I going to find the time to do this in the coming week?

As a side note, am I right in saying CCM are the only side who've played Australia's Shame in A-League finals and still have an undefeated record? Watching the full match replay, in the lead-in they said Melbourne had lost 7 (now 8) finals matches in their history, and we're responsible for 2 of those: the 2013 prelim when Ange was coaching them, and Saturday. I know SFC are responsible for 2 more (2009/10 and 2016/17 GF's) which means there are 4 other finals matches I haven't accounted for. Any help?

Tevor

This is good news. Love Vuka but I'd hate for him to play another and not end his career on the same high. He deserves the rest. Now he can put all his energy into developing the next generation! I'm pretty excited to see the results!
Agree, this season must have been tough with the amount of games and travel. Next season will also be brutal with travel. Gone out a huge winner and deservedly so.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trish