• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

Meerkat

Actually a great question.... Isn't next competitive game?

Like what would happen if you get a red card in the grand final of the Australia cup?
Australia Cup games I am sure carry over to Aleague games because that happened to Dan Hall and Birraz. From memory anyway. But not sure about the AFC?

Michael

Fazz’s red card shouldn’t carry to continental competition.
Personally, I’d bench him as punishment for such silliness. That first yellow card was unbelievably stupid and reckless, could’ve been a red right there. It’s his 3rd season now, needs to cut that shit out and be a more mature player.

Wombat

Conditions are gonna be painful for the boys - currently 2am and 28° with 89% humidity here. Forecast 30° and the same humidity at kick off. Happily take a 1-0 smash and grab tbh.
I normally break into a sweat walking to dinner there lol. But 9pm it can cool down a tad by then. The humidity remains the same...bloody high.
It won't be as bad as Malayasia

FFC Mariner

Think we will struggle - we cant defend. Will be a weaker team too with fringe players getting a run.
I'd be delighted with a draw
Torres out is a plus. Too slow to release the front men as he is desperate to keep the ball for himself. Lets the defense get set and then he is easily dealt with.
Left footed Hoole did someone say?
Wilson you would expect on the left - he will have no influence so its up to the 2 CM's to get the ball forward centrally.
That could help

Ironbark

Torres isn't suspended for this comp so expect a full 90 from him considering he won't play Sunday

He reminds me of Tulio when he first started with us. The talent is there but it isn't quite clicking. Maybe the brazilian style needs some adjustment time to the A-League.

Games in the AFC provide time on ball, in the team, in competition. I see him playing in it a chance to approach clicking a little bit faster.

It worked out for Tulio (and Beni, and Sammy) with a build up of game time - I still have fingers crossed we'll be saying the same thing about Torres at some point

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred