• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

Hello Sailor

I trawled thru the newspapers after the Cows game and couldn't find a story. I did the whole spectrum from The Guardian to the Australian but no luck.
An Australian team qualifying for an international comp really should be newsworthy, and especially a rollercoaster of a game like that.
Surely ["Dont call me Shirley"] the FFA/club owners dont just hope that some journalist notices the football results and pray that they will write about it? Maybe they could employ one of the newly redundant employees from Keepup to issue press releases for the major outlets every round if mainstream media aren't willing to put a dedicated sports journo onto our code. Then they just have to cut and paste.

Wombat

The undocumented 8th circle of hell

I remember they did a religious show on TV when we were kids on Sunday that would showcase a local church. As a Catholic, my Dad and a few friends Ma and Da's ( when visiting before a visit to the pub)
would have it on and back then and there wasn't much choice on TV.
I think it was called stars on Sunday or something like that or maybe a totally different name, it was many years ago?.....it would usually somecase the lovely town the church was in and then showcase the Sunday mass. One week, for some bizarre reason, they decided to do the church in Luton (maybe in defence of the Christian faith) and they showed about 3 seconds of footage of the local area before cutting back to the church as there was literally not a single part of Luton that was fit for whitebread England in those days.

The local shopping Centre was called The Arndale back then. Come 4.30pm the atmosphere would go completely dark and the locals gangs would move in......like a zombie movie all the families would scurry home.

Wombat

I remember they did a religious show on TV when we were kids on Sunday that would showcase a local church. As a Catholic, my Dad and a few friends Ma and Da's ( when visiting before a visit to the pub)
would have it on and back then and there wasn't much choice on TV.
I think it was called stars on Sunday or something like that or maybe a totally different name, it was many years ago?.....it would usually somecase the lovely town the church was in and then showcase the Sunday mass. One week, for some bizarre reason, they decided to do the church in Luton (maybe in defence of the Christian faith) and they showed about 3 seconds of footage of the local area before cutting back to the church as there was literally not a single part of Luton that was fit for whitebread England in those days.

The local shopping Centre was called The Arndale back then. Come 4.30pm the atmosphere would go completely dark and the locals gangs would move in......like a zombie movie all the families would scurry home.

Attachments

• luton1.jpg
    luton1.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 18
  • the ring.jpg
    the ring.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 18

Ads

Is there a history of other teams getting exemptions/moved games for Asian football?

If so, and they deny us then we claim discrimination. And we make law suit for amount of prize money lost from winning AFC. Boom

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred